DT Ben Roberts [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Roberts commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Ben Roberts [Washington Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Ben Roberts [Oregon Commit]

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He said his determining factors are academic support and mental health support.....folks we may have the upper hand here. 

No disrespect but it's odd seeing 'mental health support' It seems we have more of this on our team than I ever remember. Maybe it's just a new generation thing. Spielman, Manning, Betts, Martin etc. 

12 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

No disrespect but it's odd seeing 'mental health support' It seems we have more of this on our team than I ever remember. Maybe it's just a new generation thing. Spielman, Manning, Betts, Martin etc. 

Or it's just being talked about more now. Admitting to mental health issues has long had a stigma associated with it. Still does.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I just think you actually hear about it now...I'd imagine plenty of guys in the 90s had mental health issues. 

Just now, RedDenver said:

Or it's just being talked about more now. Admitting to mental health issues has long had a stigma associated with it. Still does.

Yep, Lawrence Phillips come to mind. 

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Mental health support has always been an issue.  People are much more comfortable talking about it and seeking help.  Good for this kid to have that kind of self-awareness. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Mental health support has always been an issue.  People are much more comfortable talking about it and seeking help.  Good for this kid to have that kind of self-awareness. 

I big thing is the success of teams, players, and organizations who hire psychologists.

Players and teams tend to perform better when players have access to this resource. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Ben Roberts [Oregon - Signed LOI]