Thunderin' Bolts vs. Purdue (In Round Rock) March 5th-7th

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know situational hitting could be better in games 1 and 4, but I like the power potential of this team. Seemed like home runs have been missing in recent years. 

Not a knock on Erstad. But his teams were grinders. Went station to station. Pitchers were also grinders, could all locate, but didn't blow anyone away. 

This team is built completely different. Pitchers touching mid 90s. Everyone has power. Aggressive on the mound and at the plate. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Not a knock on Erstad. But his teams were grinders. Went station to station. Pitchers were also grinders, could all locate, but didn't blow anyone away. 

This team is built completely different. Pitchers touching mid 90s. Everyone has power. Aggressive on the mound and at the plate. 

Agree that Erstad tried to win differently, and it didn’t leave much margin for error.  Plus, close games throughout the season can be mentally draining.

Teams built on the long ball can struggle at times, but home runs can make up for days when the lineup is struggling like it did today. Mix in power pitching and it’s a good recipe for success. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree that Erstad tried to win differently, and it didn’t leave much margin for error.  Plus, close games throughout the season can be mentally draining.

Teams built on the long ball can struggle at times, but home runs can make up for days when the lineup is struggling like it did today. Mix in power pitching and it’s a good recipe for success. 

I think it will pay dividends in the B1G. Lots of B1G teams try to win like Erstad. Not a lot of B1G team are gonna be used to seeing a lineup with the power/athletes we have - along with the power arms we have. Honestly I always figured Bolt would have the offense in a good place, but seems like Christy really put work in with these guys. Hope we see more performances like this on the bump. 

• Plus1 2