2022 OLB Will Hubert

• Mavric changed the title to 2022 OLB Will Hubert
2 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Big motor on him, plays A gap really well.  Knows how to use his hands really well and has really good pursuit to the ball, can't let him leave the state

Also a 4.2 GPA. Getting offers from Ivy League plus I think I saw he got offered by North Texas 

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

9 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

I honestly have no idea, the fact that this class was pushing rocks and he didn't get some sort of scholarship  is mind boggling to me.

Even with how bad this class is rated, he wouldn't have exactly helped in that aspect. I'm assuming he has a walk on offer here but recognized he's a better fit as a 4-3 DE and Iowa has a better recent track record of developing guys on both lines. Doesn't make this a lot better - if guys are taking P5 walk-on spots, they need to be here - but I doubt we just never bothered. Frankly he has a better opportunity there, as much as that sucks to acknowledge. 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Even with how bad this class is rated, he wouldn't have exactly helped in that aspect. I'm assuming he has a walk on offer here but recognized he's a better fit as a 4-3 DE and Iowa has a better recent track record of developing guys on both lines. Doesn't make this a lot better - if guys are taking P5 walk-on spots, they need to be here - but I doubt we just never bothered. Frankly he has a better opportunity there, as much as that sucks to acknowledge. 

A very reasonable post.  We flat out don't deserve to get kids walking on here anymore, there are way better opportunities elsewhere including Iowa.

There was definetly and effort to recruit him. He just wasn't going to get a P5 offer from anyone. 

“I would say Nebraska, Northern Illinois and North Dakota State have talked to me the most,” Hubert said. “I’ve talked to Kenny Wilhite and (Nebraska outside linebackers coach) Mike Dawson about once a week, and (Nebraska inside linebackers coach) Coach Ruud a couple times."

Papillion-La Vista's Will Hubert Looking Forward To Busy Summer - Nebpreps

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah I hear ya, however in this situation I would gladly smash a square peg in a round hole before I let him go to iowa. He reminds me of A. Hutchinson at Michigan, or at least that is how I see him panning out. I really think this is a big loss. I would have given him a full ride with how lowly the class was/is. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

Yeah I hear ya, however in this situation I would gladly smash a square peg in a round hole before I let him go to iowa. He reminds me of A. Hutchinson at Michigan, or at least that is how I see him panning out. I really think this is a big loss. I would have given him a full ride with how lowly the class was/is. 

I don’t want him at Iowa either, but that’s a pretty bold comparison to say someone without a scholarship offer to a P5 school is going to pan out like the projected top pick in the draft. 

• Plus1 4