SIGNED - QB Richard Torres

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Torres commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 3 weeks later...

12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Kid has a cannon but looks like a huge project player. Doesn't seem to have any intuitive pocket awareness.

From what I've seen his pocket seemed to collapse on him often and while he won't be as elusive in hs as he will be playing against B1G competition one thing (among several things) that stood out to me was his ability to make throws on the run at all kinds of angles.  Really good ball placement even when throwing on the run and he seems to have a cannon for an arm.  Recruiting wise I think he is a sleeper.

12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Kid has a cannon but looks like a huge project player. Doesn't seem to have any intuitive pocket awareness.

Nebraska has recruited a project at QB several years in a row. I'm not sure they have the time to develop them.

In addition, I'm not sure if our staff is very good at developing QBs. Time will tell. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

From what I've seen his pocket seemed to collapse on him often

Seems he's looking forward to playing behind a decent line: "A feel good moment for Torres on the trip was getting a chance to meet some of the offensive linemen. One of the first he saw was the starting right tackle. 'One of the first guys I saw was Bryce Benhart, the right tackle. He's a big guy. I mean, he's a really big guy. He's like 6-foot-9. It's a good feeling to think about playing behind a guy like that.'"

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Toe said:

Seems he's looking forward to playing behind a decent line: "A feel good moment for Torres on the trip was getting a chance to meet some of the offensive linemen. One of the first he saw was the starting right tackle. 'One of the first guys I saw was Bryce Benhart, the right tackle. He's a big guy. I mean, he's a really big guy. He's like 6-foot-9. It's a good feeling to think about playing behind a guy like that.'"

Yep. If we compare the last San Antonio QB we signed, if you went off of his HS film, you saw a composed QB that completed many deep passes. What most didn't consider was that he played on a state championship caliber team (OL included) that masked a lot of his deficiencies as a passer. Whereas we see several clips of Torres making plays that the aforementioned QB struggle to make as a 5th year SR with a much less talented team.

Should we be fortunate enough to sign RT, it would nice get imho.

• Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - QB Richard Torres
  • Mavric pinned this topic