SIGNED - QB Richard Torres

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Torres commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm sure the staff would love to take a 4 or 5 star qb or skill position guy and are actively trying to recruit them, but maybe these are the best that are interested at the moment. If you were a 4 or 5 star talent with no ties to Nebraska you probably aren't interested in a team that cant even make a bowl game.

the 500 mile radius is more important than ever honestly. 

• Plus1 3

That is the one constant that I've been worried about since Frost and co took over - player development.  I'm still not high on Verduzco, Lubick and unfortunately Frost and to some degree Greg Austin although at this point I'm staying the course due to recruiting.  The next 1-3 years are going to tell us a lot.

I really like what I've seen of Torres so far.  You just hope and wonder however if ultimately he is in the right hands.  One thing I cannot find are his stats in regards to turnovers.  I know he was offensive MVP of his district as a junior and that he looks really good on film and seemed accurate besides having a very strong arm.  

49 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

That is the one constant that I've been worried about since Frost and co took over - player development.  I'm still not high on Verduzco, Lubick and unfortunately Frost and to some degree Greg Austin although at this point I'm staying the course due to recruiting.  The next 1-3 years are going to tell us a lot.

Why do you think their development has worked at other places with QBs, but not here?  OR....is it that those other places had better talent at skill positions around those QBs which allowed for the development to show?

• Plus1 4
49 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I really like what I've seen of Torres so far.  You just hope and wonder however if ultimately he is in the right hands.  One thing I cannot find are his stats in regards to turnovers.  I know he was offensive MVP of his district as a junior and that he looks really good on film and seemed accurate besides having a very strong arm.  

is there something at one of his previous stops that shows he wasnt great at player development? he's only had a covid shortened spring, the covid season, and this past spring with the team.

honestly curious about the sentiment since i have seen others say it but have also seen other posters posit the complete opposite.

• Plus1 5

This kid feels like the best we had available that was interested in us.  There's some potential here so worth taking  a shot, since we obviously need a qb in the class.  If he doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him get recruited over by someone better in the next year or two, especially if we have a halfway decent season.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So Torres said the staff showed him film of Mariota and Milton. I think that tells you what Frost thinks of his offense at Nebraska. Still pulling out s#!t from 2014

I think that's perfectly fine and appropriate.  When Mariota and Milton were running it, it was running way better and that's what Frost wants to get back to.  

You don't expect our coaches to use the fact that they coached and developed what ended up being an NFL QB and another one that went undefeated?

Why is that a problem?

• Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So Torres said the staff showed him film of Mariota and Milton. I think that tells you what Frost thinks of his offense at Nebraska. Still pulling out s#!t from 2014

Says the guy with “93-97” in his name. I know, I’ve got a kid with a blowup for a pic, so take that with a grain of salt. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think that's perfectly fine and appropriate.  When Mariota and Milton were running it, it was running way better and that's what Frost wants to get back to.  

You don't expect our coaches to use the fact that they coached and developed what ended up being an NFL QB and another one that went undefeated?

Why is that a problem?

I am not saying they shouldn't do that if it works. Do anything that works bring kids here. I am just saying going into year 4 and we don't have any film to show kids from Nebraska says something. You can choose to ignore that is an indicator things have not gone well or as planned. Or you can say man we need to do better. Kids want to see current or recent success that shows THIS program is headed in that direction. I doubt Dr. Tom was showing Eric Crouch film from Turner Gill. 

I get it- show the kids what you want it to become. What I am saying is we are at the point we should have Nebraska film to show.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am not saying they shouldn't do that if it works. Do anything that works bring kids here. I am just saying going into year 4 and we don't have any film to show kids from Nebraska says something. You can choose to ignore that is an indicator things have not gone well or as planned. Or you can say man we need to do better. Kids want to see current or recent success that shows THIS program is headed in that direction. I doubt Dr. Tom was showing Eric Crouch film from Turner Gill. 

I get it- show the kids what you want it to become. What I am saying is we are at the point we should have Nebraska film to show.

Do you know that they didn't show ANY film from over the last 4 years?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Pretty sure you're arguing against no one at this point.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - QB Richard Torres