Jump to content

QB Richard Torres [Nebraska Commit]


HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have never heard of Torres until today, but if he's not starting by the time we play Buffalo, I'm going to be outraged. 

Says the guy with “93-97” in his name. I know, I’ve got a kid with a blowup for a pic, so take that with a grain of salt. 

is there something at one of his previous stops that shows he wasnt great at player development? he's only had a covid shortened spring, the covid season, and this past spring with the team.  

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

Pretty sure you're arguing against no one at this point.

That probably sounded good in your head and thought you would get a like or 2 by thinking your the funny guy. But I have just responded to BigRedBuster's comments back to me. So last I checked I am not arguing with anyone. But BigRed and I have had a few exchanges back and forth. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

That probably sounded good in your head and thought you would get a like or 2 by thinking your the funny guy. But I have just responded to BigRedBuster's comments back to me. So last I checked I am not arguing with anyone. But BigRed and I have had a few exchanges back and forth. 

 

No, there isn't anyone out there saying that our offense is all fine and dandy.  But you have to act like it's some revelation that Frost doesn't think our offense is as good as it should be.  You never miss an opportunity to talk about how bad things are, even if no one is saying anything different.  And now you're trying to convince people that you're right even though no one is arguing against you.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You can choose to ignore that is an indicator things have not gone well or as planned. Or you can say man we need to do better.

 

Are you trying to posit that you know inside info on whether or not Scott Frost is personally reflecting on his failures or ignoring the results? 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

I guess I don't see any issue with what 93-97 had said.  Torres himself even said the coaches showed him film of Marriota and Milton and didn't mention anything about watching film of the current team.   I'm guessing there is a reason why.  

  • Upvote 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to post

11 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Project?  he's already good at throwing on the run.  Should come in useful if the line doesn't improve as it should.

 

That made me laugh more than it probably should have. 

Link to post
7 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I guess I don't see any issue with what 93-97 had said.  Torres himself even said the coaches showed him film of Marriota and Milton and didn't mention anything about watching film of the current team.   I'm guessing there is a reason why.  

The coaches are responsible for that reason though, can't pretend it's someone else's fault.  If I were a kid visiting a school in year 4, that would be a big red flag,  pun intended.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

I don’t think that’s anything new for Frost. Both Mariota and Milton were considered projects coming out of high school. Martinez was not technically.

 

Torres reminds me of Josh Allen, who was also a project coming into Wyoming. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I just like the fact that he put a dropped pass in his highlight tape.  I would do the same thing.  "hey look at me drop this dime and the receiver not catch it".

Is that a remix of Sade he has in his background music in the video? It makes sense, because it’s the only thing slower than him running. He should have gone with “Smooth Operator”. Oh well...

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Is that a remix of Sade he has in his background music in the video? It makes sense, because it’s the only thing slower than him running. He should have gone with “Smooth Operator”. Oh well...

I don't think he is slow.  He is 6'6" and takes long strides.  He covers ground pretty quickly.  From his slight build I would assume some time in the weight room would only help  in that regard.  or he could be slow

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Yeah, big long striders like him can be deceptive at first glance. I'd like to see some actual timed numbers.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Toe said:

Yeah, big long striders like him can be deceptive at first glance. I'd like to see some actual timed numbers.

 

There was a claim of a 4.5 40 which I'm sure is hand-timed but even then I'm a bit skeptical.  I do think he's faster than he looks but 6-5 guys don't usually run particularly fast 40s.  

 

I'm not concerned about his speed.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...