Caramelitas/Pic

Caramelitas:

You can actually half this recipe and put it in an 8x8-in. pan, if you prefer not to make so many, but, I love to make this in a big 9x13-in. pan.

These bars get even better the longer they sit, so it is better to make them the night before you want to serve them and just cover them with a small clean towel, once they have cooked a bit.

Ingredients:

2-(11-oz.)-Bags Kraft Caramel Bits-(In Baking Aisle
1 Cup Whipping Cream
2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1-1/2 Cups-(3 Sticks)-Melted Butter
2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Melt the caramel bits and whipping cream together in a large saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Set aside.  In a large bowl mix the oats, brown sugar, flour and baking soda until combined well.  Stir in the meted butter.

Put half the oat mixture in a greased 9x13-in. pan. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the baked base. 

Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate chips-(they will be swimming in it.)  Crumble up the remaining oat mixture into small chunks and gently cover the caramel.

Bake for 15 more minutes at 350 degrees until hot.  Let cool for at least 4 hours on a wire rack, but, the longer the better; overnight is better.  

You can eat it earlier if you want, but, be warned you will just have a gooey mess, not bars!

*If you can't find the Kraft caramel bits, you can substitute 22-oz. of the regular Kraft caramels, unwrapped.

Note:  I like to keep these in the refrigerator!  They are even yummier cold in my opinion!

103C1B48-85DC-4EFF-8351-3BBBB424F232.jpeg