Thunderin' Bolts vs. Ohio State & Iowa (Minneapolis)

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

Disappointing Sunday. Wind went out of the sails after Ohio State took the lead and it carried over into the Iowa game. 

That's gonna be the issue with NU depending on so many young guys.  They may not have the consistency needed.

Also, these wonky double-header days where one team plays 2 games and the other play 1 are odd.  As noted earlier in this thread, the teams that played DH's lost both games over the 3-day series.  If a team is scuffling at the plate in the first game, it definitely seems to carry over to the 2nd game.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That's gonna be the issue with NU depending on so many young guys.  They may not have the consistency needed.

Also, these wonky double-header days where one team plays 2 games and the other play 1 are odd.  As noted earlier in this thread, the teams that played DH's lost both games over the 3-day series.  If a team is scuffling at the plate in the first game, it definitely seems to carry over to the 2nd game.

I think this season is going to allow us to reap rewards next season. With the amount of games we are playing, it's allowing a lot of play time for some games who may not have seen the field for a little bit

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I think this season is going to allow us to reap rewards next season. With the amount of games we are playing, it's allowing a lot of play time for some games who may not have seen the field for a little bit

I agree. We are definitely seeing more relief pitchers used. Bolt seems to not want to stretch guys beyond 1 inning in relief (except for Schreiber) early in the season.