2021 NCAA Basketball Tournament

Mavric

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

8 teams made it into the field of 64 and they will be lucky if even 1 makes it to the sweet 16. Only Michigan and Maryland remain prior to end of round 2.

#1 seed Illinois loses to #8 Loyola.

#2 seed tOSU knocked out by #15 Oral Roberts.

#2 seed Iowa falls to #7 Oregon.

#4 seed Purdue to #13 North Texas.

Yep, definitely overrated. And says nothing promising about the team that secured dead last in the B1G.

we also had a team lose in the play in games.   michigan looks to be the only team that will advance to the sweet 16.   maryland down by 21 with 6 minutes left

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

8 teams made it into the field of 64 and they will be lucky if even 1 makes it to the sweet 16. Only Michigan and Maryland remain prior to end of round 2.

#1 seed Illinois loses to #8 Loyola.

#2 seed tOSU knocked out by #15 Oral Roberts.

#2 seed Iowa falls to #7 Oregon.

#4 seed Purdue to #13 North Texas.

Yep, definitely overrated. And says nothing promising about the team that secured dead last in the B1G.

Only one team in the sweet 16. Terrible with all those high seeds. Michigan won't make it much further unless they have bench players score 21 a few more times. I don't see them getting past the elite 8 without Livers. The Big Dud.

10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Southern Cal came out of nowhere too.

They have two lottery picks on their team.  That's at least 1 more than kansas had

UCLA has at least 2 pros on their team, oregon has at least 1 pro, probably more, colorado has a pro.  Oregon state is the only team in the pac-12 that made it in that doesn't have a pro.  They just play well together.

When I say pro, I mean nba pro.  I realize there are hundreds of leagues out there.

Bottom line, this shouldn't have surprised us.  We need to get out of the B1G bubble

Oregon State is a complete fluke.  They have a bunch of kids that no other Power 6 programs wanted and were picked to finish dead last in the Pac 12.  Their RPI was hideous at the end of the season and their only chance to make the tournament was to win the Pac 12 tourney.  They did using an ugly style that has worked for some reason.  As an alumnus I love it, but Coach Tinkle will get a contract extension and his recruiting and record has been atrocious.  

15 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

They have a bunch of kids that no other Power 6 programs wanted

You clearly know more about oregon state basketball than I do, but to say these kids weren't wanted seems a bit of a stretch.  5 minutes worth of checking tells me otherwise.

All per 24/7:

Thompson #7 SG nationally

Notable offers: Cal, Syracuse, USC, Utah

Reichle #1 player in the state of oregon

Silver #17 juco nationally

Silva #1 juco in cali

Hunt notable offers: USC, SDSU, Nev, Boise

Lucas notable offer:. Nev (point record holder in the state of california)

Calloo notable offers: Okie st, Illinois, florida, Mississippi State, ole miss, providence, smu, usf

They might not belong where they are...and might get blown out in the sweet sixteen, but something is working.  I'd rather have a group of over achievers than a group of selfish ballers who fail to meet expectations.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

You clearly know more about oregon state basketball than I do, but to say these kids weren't wanted seems a bit of a stretch.  5 minutes worth of checking tells me otherwise.

All per 24/7:

Thompson #7 SG nationally

Notable offers: Cal, Syracuse, USC, Utah

Reichle #1 player in the state of oregon

Silver #17 juco nationally

Silva #1 juco in cali

Hunt notable offers: USC, SDSU, Nev, Boise

Lucas notable offer:. Nev (point record holder in the state of california)

Calloo notable offers: Okie st, Illinois, florida, Mississippi State, ole miss, providence, smu, usf

They might not belong where they are...and might get blown out in the sweet sixteen, but something is working.  I'd rather have a group of over achievers than a group of selfish ballers who fail to meet expectations.

I wasn't including Thompson, but he only came because his dad is an assistant coach.  Same as his brother Stevie.  Calloo is a transfer we got this year Okie State.  Same goes for Alatishe who we got from Nicholls State.  Alatishe has been a welcome surprise though I wish he's look to score more often.  

Silva was offered by us and UTEP despite being the #1 JUCO in Cali.  

Silver:  I didn't even know who that was until you brought him up.

Hunt's offers aren't from any Power 6 schools except USC and you have to wonder how soft that offer was.

Lucas, despite being a record holder, wasn't recruited by any Power 6 schools besides us.  Frankly, he was the only high school guy I had hope for.  I thought it was weird only smaller schools offered.

Reichle supposedly had an offer from Oregon, but his final two were us and UC Irvine.  

• Plus1 1