Mavric

So the matchups are set. 

Monday March 29:

7:15pm (2) Houston v (12) Oregon State

9:57pm (1) Baylor v (3) Arkansas

Tuesday March 30:

7:15pm (1) Gonzaga v (6) USC

9:57pm (1) Michigan v (11) UCLA

5 of the 7 high major leagues are represented (ACC and Big East eliminated). PAC12 has THREE teams, although all are heavy underdogs (UCLA +7, Oregon State +8, USC +9). 

Baylor is a 7 point favorite against Arkansas 

Two of the remaining eight teams have top 5 adjusted offensive and defensive efficiency ratings (Gonzaga, Houston)

Gonzaga v USC features KenPom’s #1 2 point defense v KenPom’s #1 2 point offense... ever

THREE former Southwest Conference members are in the Elite 8 (Arkansas, Baylor, Houston)

Arkansas has faced a double digit deficit in every single round this tournament and won each game

Oregon State wasn’t even going to make the NIT a month ago and is now 1 win away from the Final Four after winning the PAC12 Tournament and their first three NCAA Tournament games. They’ve now won 6 games in a row against NCAA Tournament teams (UCLA, Oregon, Colorado, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Loyola (Chi)) during this stretch

With all the craziness this tournament has had, if chalk holds we’d be looking at 3 1 seeds and a 2 in the Final 4

Can’t wait!

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm guessing the ACC is on top of the Worst-Ever-Performances low-archy.  4-7 in your worst year isn't that bad.

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Only once since 1997 has a school west of the Mississippi won the championship (Kansas in 2008).

My knowledge of the Mississippi River head water is scant.  Is Michigan really West of the Mississippi?

Congrats to the Coogs! They were up 17 at half but Oregon State made a heck of a run and played a virtually flawless half getting the game tied at 55 with 4 minutes to go before UH ultimately put the game away. Happy for Kelvin Sampson and if they win their next game I’ll win my bracket pool :D