Man the Big Ten just gets lamer

teachercd

19 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess Josh Whitman’s math was bit off when he voted.:)

A column in the Chicago Tribune today has shown that Illinois AD Josh Whitman actually voted alongside all of his colleagues, twice, in unanimous votes that affirmed winning percentage as the methodology for determining conference champions this season.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-illinois-josh-whitman-letter-big-ten-champions-20210310-4y2zxchon5chffkoo6cdrthtve-story.html

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, nic said:

I guess Josh Whitman’s math was bit off when he voted.:)

A column in the Chicago Tribune today has shown that Illinois AD Josh Whitman actually voted alongside all of his colleagues, twice, in unanimous votes that affirmed winning percentage as the methodology for determining conference champions this season.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-illinois-josh-whitman-letter-big-ten-champions-20210310-4y2zxchon5chffkoo6cdrthtve-story.html

Sure...because he thought that, in good faith, Michigan would, you know, play their games.

The women's teams play in Illinois but the men's team refused.  

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure...because he thought that, in good faith, Michigan would, you know, play their games.

The women's teams play in Illinois but the men's team refused.  

By the time they voted I am pretty sure they knew teams were not going to finish or they wouldn’t have needed to vote on it. There was nothing to be gained by playing a make up game every other day. The games Michigan missed were NW, PSU and IU. And the last game was a make up game against MSU where they lost two starters to injury although it’s unclear for how long. I bet they regret making that one up. In hindsight they should have skipped it and stayed healthy for the Big Ten tourney. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, nic said:

By the time they voted I am pretty sure they knew teams were not going to finish or they wouldn’t have needed to vote on it. There was nothing to be gained by playing a make up game every other day. The games Michigan missed were NW, PSU and IU. And the last game was a make up game against MSU where they lost two starters to injury although it’s unclear for how long. I bet they regret making that one up. In hindsight they should have skipped it and stayed healthy for the Big Ten tourney. 

Michigan missed 3 games...no one else missed more than 1...and more times than not, they were responsible for that one miss.

They were lame.  But, they also gamed the system and I would have done the same.

18 hours ago, NUance said:

Illinois crushed Meechicken 76-53 in their only game.  In Ann Arbor.  So there's that.  

Minny crushed Michigan too. By 20+ I think. Right after Michigan crushed Minnesota by 20 plus. Michigan has had about 4 games where they were just completely out of sync and lost 3 of them. In the other, they barely beat Oakland at home. Oakland is not very good.