NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

This would be quite honestly, the biggest chicken Sh** move in years at NU given 1. The timing 2. The opponent 3. The reason/celebration for the series being scheduled in the first place and 4. The fact that we are supposed to be rivals and have a mutual respect for OU. This is just flat out embarrassing for NU regardless of what happens. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

All for playing OU, but with tOSU, Mich and Mich St as crossovers this might not be the year to play them.  This year is so important to get the win total up.  We will have more than enough opportunities to play against the big boys this year.  No need to also take on a game against OU.  

Maybe we should just leave the B1G and go to the MAC if we are that worried.

Creating artificial wins doesnt help your program grow...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Is Moos trying to get fired?  

I'm a bit sceptical about this report though.  No amount of money is going to make up the loss of face, the hit to recruiting, the fan outrage.  

If this report is true there's no way it's simply due to ducking a tough opponent.  If that comes out as the case I gotta figure the whole lot from Moos on down gets canned.

• Plus1 3

Dare I say it but this will be possibly the worst decision the program has made in my lifetime. And in the last 20 years, that's not an easy bar to clear.

The financial benefits won't make up for the damage that I believe it would do to the Nebraska brand, perhaps for a generation.

I have a feeling a lot of people might walk away and not come back.

• Plus1 5

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/report-nebraska-may-try-to-back-out-of-playing-at-oklahoma-this-fall/article_2ebfa89f-2f4f-5363-b49c-f17679ebeab2.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

NU is looking into whether it can back out of playing at Oklahoma on Sept 18 and instead play an extra home game in Lincoln on the same day.

Stadium first reported that Nebraska had been in contact with other teams and sources confirmed to the Journal Star that NU has looked into the feasibility of the move. 

Nebraska officials did not immediately responded to the Journal Star's request for comment. 

The contract between Nebraska and Oklahoma includes a $1 million buyout. The teams are also supposed to play in Lincoln in 2022. 

The Huskers and Sooners put the home-and-home together all the way back in 2012 and timed the games to line up with the 50th anniversary of the 1971 "Game of the Century." 

3 minutes ago, jaws said:

Be happy this what McMurphy is reporting and not some scandal. ;)

Are you guys really scared of the Michigan and Michigan St crossover games? Big names for sure, but they are currently a shell of what they used to be. 

Is UM going to find a DC to replace Brown? That was an odd departure unless that has more to do with personalities.