NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

agree with most of you.  This suggests that "The Program" has officially tanked (we now are perennial bottom dwellers in AD and HCSF view is what this suggests).  using the excuse $$ is the reason is BS.  Everyone is hurting financially!  This is cowardice in the face of OU whopping our collective butts. 

This is one of the few times since Pederson was in charge that I'm embarrassed for "The Program".  Time to rethink Moos' job status.  maybe even Scott's if he signed off on or was the instigator of cowarding away from OU.  Face it, we're likely to take a beatdown at OU, but that pales in comparison to the looking like a bunch of pu$$ies.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

If this game would still end up cancelled I think I will find a replay of the 1997 Huskers vs Sooners and watch that ......Frost was a terrific player for the Huskers and I am still pulling for him to prove to be the coach that returns them to national prominence. Get it done Scott....Go big Red

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Micheal said:

What has Moos done to improve NU athletics?

Hired two coaches who revived hope in the two sports that generate the most revenue that were going through some rather depressing periods. Also brought in Bolt, a quality baseball coach after Erstad stepped down. In addition, he's brought stability to the department post-Eichorst/Perlman and had the cajones to publicly stand by his coach when the conference and sports media were against us last fall. 100% believe Perlman & EIchorst would not have the guts to push back against the conference.

He hasn't been perfect (who has?) but I think his intentions have been to help the program build towards being a top 10-25 program again. Today's news wasn't ideal and obviously looks bad but I'm in the camp that he's done far more good for the department than bad. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I just did something I've never done in my 60 years as a Husker fan. I called the Athletic Department. 

The answering system gave me a lot of choices, but I went with the Communications Department, precisely because they're stuck in the middle of this.

Nice young guy answered. I said "you've probably gotten a lot of calls today." He said that was correct. Told him I'd never been this embarrassed by the program before. He seemed understanding, told me they had just issued the statement (posted above) and offered to read it to me. I told him I was glad they responded, but the unanswered speculation about how they must have been spinning this for the last 8 hours wasn't a good look for Moos or Frost. He did not deny that, either. I asked if he could give me any inside dirt that I could spread on social media. He laughed. 

I feel sorry for the Comms department. 

And I’m going to feel sorry for the poor person that calls me to update my alumni status and asks for money. And when I say “win some effin games and then we’ll talk” they will reply, “ with, your donation is for academics and not athletics” and then I will re-reply, “then our deal is done. I way overpaid you for a bunch of crappy  classes, that were disguised as graduate level but weren’t, and you gave me a piece of paper” 

• Plus1 2

This story will probably have a fairly short run now, due to the attention on basketball. But unfortunately, in the months leading up to the Oklahoma game in September,  it will be revived and we will be blistered unmercifully. Most damagingly, it will inevitably detract from all the positive press this rivalry game deserved.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Now go down there and pull the upset!

Haha.

Frost already has tons of pressure to perform in Year 4 given how bad the first 3 years have been.  If Oklahoma blows us out then you will see many say "No wonder Nebraska did not want to play them."  Perhaps the negative attention leading up to the game can serve as extra motivation for the players.

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Frost already has tons of pressure to perform in Year 4 given how bad the first 3 years have been.  If Oklahoma blows us out then you will see many say "No wonder Nebraska did not want to play them."  Perhaps the negative attention leading up to the game can serve as extra motivation for the players.

I'm not sure this coach or this program are capable of being motivated. The program is s#!t, and on top of that, Frost and Moos continue to embarrass the program/fan base at nearly every turn. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me see if I can get in on all these rep points.

What sort of backwards f#&%ing pageantry is this? We're about as soft as two ply. If Moos wants to blow smoke he should go have a dart. We look like a bunch of degens from down south, need to give our balls a tug. Call Shorsey's mom see if she can bring us our favorite Haagen Dad while we cry on her bosom

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2