NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

As a competitive person there are so many things that piss me off about this situation, but what drives me insane is that this staff and AD essentially told the players is that they do not believe they could beat OU. You have stripped the point of competition away from these guys, and I would have to believe this leaves a nasty taste in the mouth in some of the players on that team. If it doesn't, then fire this staff because they have failed at the most fundamental level and there is no way to rise up from that. This is a new low and a rock bottom that I didn't think we would ever discuss.  

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

Whoever is laughing at the posts, I would love for you to reveal yourself and explain why you are. There is this false narrative that Scott has 7-8 years to figure this out. I will tell you right now, he doesn't. He has this year to turn it around big time. He knows it and Moos knows it. If it's another 4-5 wins to go with this crap, he's out. And there is a possibility he packs it up himself. I want Nebraska to win with whoever is the coach. But I cannot see how they will anymore with him at the helm.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

As a competitive person there are so many things that piss me off about this situation, but what drives me insane is that this staff and AD essentially told the players is that they do not believe they could beat OU. You have stripped the point of competition away from these guys, and I would have to believe this leaves a nasty taste in the mouth in some of the players on that team. If it doesn't, then fire this staff because they have failed at the most fundamental level and there is no way to rise up from that. This is a new low and a rock bottom that I didn't think we would ever discuss.  

None of this even hypothetically happened

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

There is this false narrative that Scott has 7-8 years to figure this out. I will tell you right now, he doesn't.

I wasn't one laughers--laughing at other's posts without identifying yourself, unless they are meant to be funny, is childish IMO-- but I do want to ask you why you say this is a false narrative?  You seem pretty sure about that.

50 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not sure this coach or this program are capable of being motivated. The program is s#!t, and on top of that, Frost and Moos continue to embarrass the program/fan base at nearly every turn. 

To be rather frank... our entire mens athletic department is a joke.. football, basketball, even baseball... considering the money the uni has put into that program... name a mens sport where we are above average? Wrestling & one can argue Baseball... still, we're at best middle of the road in those to programs.. Football can't achieve postseason play, basketball is beyond belief bad... Wrestling.. we're highly competitive in that. Doesn't bring much money into the program though...

In honesty, I continue being a Husker fan with zero expectations.. I'm certain I will never again see this program compete for any real title now or in the near future. I love baseball but like always, we the fans will likely have to hold our breath in every game. (Though they look surprisingly decent this year. Strikeouts remains alarming.) So... I watch when I can, I share in conversations, I will always root for victory but I've of late preferred to read about the event the following day so I don't get my BP overly high when the inevitable happens.

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Nebraska attempting to duck OU didn't happen? It did. I would love a spin as to how that helps the program and those kids in that locker room. 

They wanted an extra home game because the entire lifeblood of the town the University sustains was sucked away by a global pandemic.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

I wasn't one laughers--laughing at other's posts without identifying yourself, unless they are meant to be funny, is childish IMO-- but I do want to ask you why you say this is a false narrative?  You seem pretty sure about that.

It's a false narrative because the intention of his contract was that Nebraska would be trending upwards by year two. Nebraska has found a way to become worse since year 1. They're struggling to win with good players, and the recruiting is trending towards taking a decent hit. Considering what he has coming back, and you pair that with not winning, what could you sell to recruits and fans? Nothing. They already are struggling to sell anything remotely positive about the future of the program. Nebraska fans are also sour on him. Yes, some are still making excuses but I think one more bad year will sway the majority into moving on. Now, of course, I could be wrong but I don't see how he could continue. 

• Plus1 3

Nebraska ducked OU to get a way better shot at a win, so that they could sell fake hope to Nebraska fans. What they didn't think about is that Nebraska fans would love a close loss to OU and would hang on to that way more than beating ODU 45-10. This also blows my mind. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

19 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

To be rather frank... our entire mens athletic department is a joke.. football, basketball, even baseball... considering the money the uni has put into that program... name a mens sport where we are above average? Wrestling & one can argue Baseball... still, we're at best middle of the road in those to programs.. Football can't achieve postseason play, basketball is beyond belief bad... Wrestling.. we're highly competitive in that. Doesn't bring much money into the program though...

In honesty, I continue being a Husker fan with zero expectations.. I'm certain I will never again see this program compete for any real title now or in the near future. I love baseball but like always, we the fans will likely have to hold our breath in every game. (Though they look surprisingly decent this year. Strikeouts remains alarming.) So... I watch when I can, I share in conversations, I will always root for victory but I've of late preferred to read about the event the following day so I don't get my BP overly high when the inevitable happens.

Bolt doesn’t deserve to be lumped in. He had one covid shortened season w/o conf games and is 4-1 in his first 5 B1G games. His teams also show a confidence and swag that football and basketball don’t. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I buy wanting to add another home game but you don't cancel a nationally televised 50th anniversary game against OU 5 months from playing the actual game to accomplish this.  Money isn't worth the embarrassment even though we've already suffered a little bit of that because of all of this. 

Hopefully Moos slows his roll now that's for sure.  He needs to sit a few out.

• Plus1 4
30 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

They wanted an extra home game because the entire lifeblood of the town the University sustains was sucked away by a global pandemic.

1 home game isn’t going to fix that, and all anyone’s going to remember is they backed out of this particular game and we look like wimps and a$$h@!es. 

Additionally we were prepared better financially for something like this than 90% of the other schools so I don’t buy this excuse. 

The pandemic affected every school and town. Maybe if a tornado hit us like a hurricane hit like at LSU a year or two ago I could accept the excuse. As it is it’s bulls#!t. And I think it’s a lie. I doubt the university spent a passing thought on the effect to the town of Lincoln. Moos and maybe Frost are worried about losing another game and maybe as a secondary thought, the money. 

• Plus1 6
3 hours ago, Decked said:

God we are gonna get crushed and laughed at so bad 

So, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I understand fans being upset, even irate, that they looked at the possibility of bringing in a cream puff for a home game in place of going to Norman. But man.....ya can't complain about that and then whine that OU is going to kick in our sh#t. One or the other, not both.

• Haha 1