NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I understand fans being upset, even irate, that they looked at the possibility of bringing in a cream puff for a home game in place of going to Norman. But man.....ya can't complain about that and then whine that OU is going to kick in our sh#t. One or the other, not both.

Yes you absolutely can complain about both. Getting destroyed on national TV is 8/10 on the annoying scale. Being a f#&%ing wimp and cancelling is a 10/10. I can accept a blow out. I never imagined we’d just forfeit the opportunity. It’s fine to complain about both. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

1 home game isn’t going to fix that, and all anyone’s going to remember is they backed out of this particular game and we look like wimps and a$$h@!es. 

Additionally we were prepared better financially for something like this than 90% of the other schools so I don’t buy this excuse. 

Occam's razor. They got caught looking into the possibility and will pay a heavy PR price. I don't doubt they were looking for ways to bring in more dollars. But I also don't doubt that there was just as much interest in trying to replace an L with a W. The stupidest thing by far that Moos has been a part of to date. 

Frost needs a helluva turn around this year or it is going to get extremely (more) ugly in Husker land. It's one thing to only win the few games they have so far. It's a whole nuther level to be chickensh#t.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yes you absolutely can complain about both. Getting destroyed on national TV is 8/10 on the annoying scale. Being a f#&%ing wimp and cancelling is a 10/10. I can accept a blow out. I never imagined we’d just forfeit the opportunity. It’s fine to complain about both. 

I disagree.

53 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

They wanted an extra home game because the entire lifeblood of the town the University sustains was sucked away by a global pandemic.

Well, at least one person bought that sob story.

The more I think about this OU situation, the more it pisses me off. Moos is an embarrassment to this program. Frost, the coach, is an embarrassment to this program. The fact that they even considered this should shorten both of their leashes in terms of job security. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The more I think about this OU situation, the more it pisses me off. Moos is an embarrassment to this program. Frost, the coach, is an embarrassment to this program. The fact that they even considered this should shorten both of their leashes in terms of job security. 

Ok

17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's the only game on the schedule even possible to move. Maybe they can play Buffalo on Friday and Saturday instead. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

It's the only game on the schedule even possible to move. Maybe they can play Buffalo on Friday and Saturday instead. 

I don't buy that they were doing it for financial purposes. Nebraska is going to be fine financially. One less home game, especially after paying a $1M penalty for skipping the game, isn't going to make a difference in the long run.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

No. Ridiculous. Non-negotiable. Given the history of this program (which is all we have left), if we had to cancel 11 games on the schedule, this is the only one the majority of fans would choose to keep. Even toying with this idea was the stupidest thing ever.

• Plus1 4

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You are wrong. 2 choices can both be bad. Even if a blowout would suck that doesn't mean I want them to not try. Both are worthy of being complained about.

Oh I think you can complain about getting blown out. But it's not a very good look to b!^@h about this PR nightmare of trying to dodge OU and then in your next breath, when it is determined that we are not dodging them, to b!^@h about how badly they're going whip us.

I mean why even be a fan if you're going to b!^@h no matter what? When it gets to that point a person should just move along. I still maintain today is not the proper time to b!^@h about how bad OU is going to beat us. It's a timing deal. And it's a pet peeve of mine when people just b!^@h and complain no matter what. Thus my damned if you do, damned if you don't statement.

• Plus1 1