NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’m more concerned about the people who seemed to miss the Animal House reference...

We might have bigger problems than Frost and Moos not getting along.

Animal House? But then I'm not a fan of that movie, it was okay. (good thing there's no downvotes any more :D

I got the 1941 reference.  

3 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

It can be as severe as not liking the answer and straight negotiating with other schools to as little as floating the idea with someone else in the department and seeing if their was interest.

2 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

"Authority"

He could have called the head coach.

You said "straight negotiating with other schools". Are you saying that calling the head coach of another team constitutes negotiating? 

How would that work without either A.D. being involved?  So Frost calls Coach X and they say "great let's play.". Then Frost does what?  Sign a contract with Coach X?  Then do a press release?

Help me out here

The reality is this could be as simple as coaches blowing smoke about how recruiting to this place is hard, game day atmosphere is the best card in our deck, no game day atmospheres in 2020 and now not until October 2021, etc, which somebody caught wind of blew out of proportion. It could also be as horrible as a coach single handedly think he is a god and going over everybody's head to try to be a wuss and skimp out of a tough road matchup to save face and his job. 

The reality is, with the meatgrinder of a schedule, I am not sure that I believe Scott was worried about the L too much. It's all too absurd to even attempt to understand, and, in my experience life, if it doesn't walk like a duck or talk like a duck, it probably isn't a duck. I'm guessing the truth is based more in stupidity and maliciousness than the tale being spun, but, until we know for sure,  I just hope spring ball starts soon.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seemed to me that people have been taking rumors in this discussion and running with them.  

Welcome to the football forum at its finest. :lol:

90% of off season (hell even in season) contributions are people discussing rumors and getting bent out of shape over them like they are fact. I’m actually surprised this one hasn’t spun further out of control.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

Anyone who seriously believes the head coach of the school's biggest money maker was making or contemplating major changes to scheduling without consulting their AD is incredibly gullible and has no idea how an athletic department works.

As gullible as the people who think Frost had no knowledge or input into the process. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

As gullible as the people who think Frost had no knowledge or input into the process. 

Yep. I have to trust people with more knowledge than me. Shatel and Callahan both seemed to indicate that, at the very least, Moos wasn't the main one pushing for this. Seems like this was a "want" from the football office, that was explored.