NU Cancelling Oklahoma Game?

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't believe Sean C would just make this up, combined with McClintock above and Shatel on Sharp saying he is skeptical Moos was involved - really seems to be pointing to the football office trying to get this done.

EwskKcbWgAcYyoE?format=jpg&name=medium

This doesn't jive with the "more smoke than fire" statement from Adam McClintock. This would be an inferno.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

However, you are incorrect in your last statement.  It won't be mentioned much outside of Nebraska circles after this month and likely won't be brought up again by the media until the week of the Oklahoma game.  Guessing it will die by halftime that day unless Nebraska happens to upset Oklahoma.  

I really disagree with this. We took an absolute beating on this all over social media. There's zero chance any opposing fan forgets this. They're throwing Frost's "play anyone even in Uzbekistan" line at us, his "no fear of failure" line.

We're still hearing about our 90s scandals 25 years later. This is not going away.

32 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I don't believe Sean C would just make this up, combined with McClintock above and Shatel on Sharp saying he is skeptical Moos was involved - really seems to be pointing to the football office trying to get this done.

Is Sean officially reporting this, or is it more like... message board fodder and something he's not willing to publish out there for the wide world?

(Asking because 1. I don't normally follow his content and 2. I don't really know the dynamics of their message boards and if they will sometimes share more 'off the record' type stuff. Is he sharing this information in all platforms?)

I'm not calling Sean a liar, but it's a pretty big accusation to state and he presents it in a posturing sort of way that makes me wonder just how truthful it is. If he's reporting it everywhere though then there must be some serious legs to it.

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Is Sean officially reporting this, or is it more like... message board fodder and something he's not willing to publish out there for the wide world?

(Asking because 1. I don't normally follow his content and 2. I don't really know the dynamics of their message boards and if they will sometimes share more 'off the record' type stuff. Is he sharing this information in all platforms?)

I'm not calling Sean a liar, but it's a pretty big accusation to state and he presents it in a posturing sort of way that makes me wonder just how truthful it is.

I think most of his insider knowledge he drops on the paid message board - as he wants to encourage people to pony up. 

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I really disagree with this. We took an absolute beating on this all over social media. There's zero chance any opposing fan forgets this. They're throwing Frost's "play anyone even in Uzbekistan" line at us, his "no fear of failure" line.

We're still hearing about our 90s scandals 25 years later. This is not going away.

Neither is the Norman men's room, so I wouldn't worry as much about which one didn't actually happen.

59 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

This whole thing is the stereotypical not addressing a large pr mess correctly. 

It took them half the day to acknowledge it and did then finally did it through a standard press release.

This just isn't smart. And its not going to go away.

I don't dispute anything you just posted. Not sure why you made this response to me :dunno

40 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That is one possible take away from all this. I still stand by what I said until proven (not speculated) otherwise. I may very well be wrong....and so might you.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This doesn't jive with the "more smoke than fire" statement from Adam McClintock. This would be an inferno.

I don't think people understand that a head coach going above their AD on the schedule would be an on-the-spot fireable offense. Any AD with any modicum of pride or self-respect would quit if that happened and the HC were retained. They were either in-concert on this or it was outside both of their control.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I don't think people understand that a head coach going above their AD on the schedule would be an on-the-spot fireable offense. Any AD with any modicum of pride or self-respect would quit if that happened and the HC were retained. They were either in-concert on this or it was outside both of their control.

One of them would definitely be going.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's got legs. We're going to get smoked by the Sooners this Fall, and then at home next year. Both times this is going to be the focus of conversation, and probably moreso the larger the margin of victory is.

I'd bet it's brought up again in 2029 & 2030 when we play. It's the kind of shameful thing the people who hate your school don't forget.

Agreed 100%.

It's our "TEXAS IS BACK, FOLKS" moment but so much worse.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I'm not calling Sean a liar, but it's a pretty big accusation to state and he presents it in a posturing sort of way that makes me wonder just how truthful it is. If he's reporting it everywhere though then there must be some serious legs to it.

In the back of my mind I think Husker dedicated media people have got to be scared that interest in all things Husker is dwindling. Strong incentive to float something things. 

Husker sports related industries has made a living for lots of people through the decades. It’s got to be scary for them.  

1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

Agreed. It's really hard for me to imagine they weren't in-concert to some measurable degree, at least in terms of being aware of what was happening. If they weren't, it draws into question communication and chain of command. And if Scott was the driving force, it questions his integrity and the integrity of the things he says. As a head coach, pushing to remove OU from the schedule would only ever result in one prevailing public opinion - a fear of playing said opponent. That goes against everything Scott presumably stands for.

I'm open to believing the unbelievable, but man... that'd be a crushing disappointment and totally out of his perceived character, which makes it hard to believe he would've been the driving force.

I don't have much to really back this up, but I'm still of the relative opinion that this was not something that was ever really going to happen and was mostly just an exploratory move by the business arm of the university. It got leaked and they looked like imbeciles for it.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

It'll be thrown up at every opposing teams recruiting trips to players being courted by NU.  "I know the schedule says you're playing Notre Dame, but nothing is in stone with those guys".  "Do you want a coach who isn't afraid to go toe to toe with the big boys or play for the guy who wanted to play Old Dominion"....

No way this goes away.  Possibly in the media, but it will be used against us in recruiting so long as Moos and Frost are here.