*** NFL 2021 ***

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He was still staring while backpedaling.

I'm pretty sure the rule doesn't read "you can do whatever you want as long as your backpedaling".

You say that not me.

NFL rule book says:

"Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams."

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2021-nfl-rulebook/#2021-rule-changes

He didn't say anything it looks like when he stared, so back peddling is the taunting you are describing. Looking at someone for 3ish seconds and backing off? I have encounter many people trying to enstill ill will toward me and none of them involved backpeddling.

10 minutes ago, deedsker said:

You say that not me.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2021-nfl-rulebook/#2021-rule-changes

He didn't say anything it looks like when he stared, so back peddling is the taunting you are describing. Looking at someone for 3ish seconds and backing off? I have encounter many people trying to enstill ill will toward me and none of them involved backpeddling.

You keep trying to quibble with the semantics to make it work for you.  

Try to explain how what he did doesn't meet the definition that you posted.  "using baiting or taunting acts ... that may engender ill will between teams."  You try try to minimize it all you want but I'm pretty sure all the kicking and staring was not trying to invite people over for Thanksgiving dinner.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You keep trying to quibble with the semantics to make it work for you.  

Try to explain how what he did doesn't meet the definition that you posted.  "using baiting or taunting acts ... that may engender ill will between teams."  You try try to minimize it all you want but I'm pretty sure all the kicking and staring was not trying to invite people over for Thanksgiving dinner.

Dude got cut from them earlier in the year and now he made a big play on 3rd down to help his team. Let him be happy and look down the coach/management that didn't think he deserved to be on their team. That is not just some semantics. You got bogged down by my timing and then misquoted me. Let adults be happy that they just helped their team in a crucial moment and don't ruin it for the fans. 

10 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Dude got cut from them earlier in the year and now he made a big play on 3rd down to help his team. Let him be happy and look down the coach/management that didn't think he deserved to be on their team. That is not just some semantics. You got bogged down by my timing and then misquoted me. Let adults be happy that they just helped their team in a crucial moment and don't ruin it for the fans. 

So you admit that he probably was intentionally directing ill will toward the opponents.  So the textbook definition of taunting.  

Seems pretty open-and-shut.

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So you admit that he probably was intentionally directing ill will toward the opponents.  So the textbook definition of taunting.  

Seems pretty open-and-shut.

I admit that he was happy he made the 3rd down stop. I don't see any ill in starring down anyone for a short period of time without being in close proximity to any other individuals. 

You disagree. Fine. It wasn't taunting.

2 minutes ago, deedsker said:

I admit that he was happy he made the 3rd down stop. I don't see any ill in starring down anyone for a short period of time without being in close proximity to any other individuals. 

You disagree. Fine. It wasn't taunting.

(After writing this post, @deedsker continued to stare at @Mavric for five seconds before dancing backwards and finally turning away)

• Haha 1