*** NFL 2021 ***

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

:(

Just glancing at the comments sections on some articles about the announcement it seems like the fans are really divided. Some people think as long as he doesn't turn it over, then they'll be unstoppable cuz the D is amazing and the run game is too. 

Then some people think Elway needs fired since Drew Lock apparently isn't better than "Checkdown" Teddy "Two-Gloves" Bridgewater

Which is it Mav?! 

6 minutes ago, GSG said:

Just glancing at the comments sections on some articles about the announcement it seems like the fans are really divided. Some people think as long as he doesn't turn it over, then they'll be unstoppable cuz the D is amazing and the run game is too. 

Then some people think Elway needs fired since Drew Lock apparently isn't better than "Checkdown" Teddy "Two-Gloves" Bridgewater

Which is it Mav?! 

It was kind of odd watching Broncos games last year - although that was by far the least I've watched the Broncos in nearly 40 years.  I didn't really ever get the impression that Lock was playing that poorly but it seemed like every game I'd look up early in the 4th quarter and they'd only have 7-10 points.  So they weren't doing a lot of bad stuff but weren't really getting anything done either.  I would really have liked to get a better read on Lock if Sutton wouldn't have missed the entire year and Hamler hadn't been slowed most of the year.

I really have no idea what to think about Bridgewater.  I wasn't a big fan of his coming out of college but I thought he did pretty well at Minnesota before he got hurt.  But now that I look at his Minnesota stats, I'm not sure that they were as good as I thought they were - 3000-ish yards, mid-60s completion percentage but a pretty middling TD:INT ratio; plus a couple hundred rushing yards.

I guess my best estimation of Lock is I really have my doubts that a QB that dances to the PA music during timeouts is probably the most solid long term option.  So I'm fine going a different route.

I really think Deshaun Watson would be a Bronco if all the off-the-field issues hadn't surfaced.  And I was hoping against hope that Aaron Rodgers would find his way there (maybe next year??)  Because I didn't think Lock was probably the answer and I have my doubts about Bridgewater as well.

I really hope Surtain turns into a stud - and early indications are very good.  Because the Broncos had Fields and Jones fall in their lap and passed.  That might turn out to look like a really poor decision unless something else works out for them.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It was kind of odd watching Broncos games last year - although that was by far the least I've watched the Broncos in nearly 40 years.  I didn't really ever get the impression that Lock was playing that poorly but it seemed like every game I'd look up early in the 4th quarter and they'd only have 7-10 points.  So they weren't doing a lot of bad stuff but weren't really getting anything done either.  I would really have liked to get a better read on Lock if Sutton wouldn't have missed the entire year and Hamler hadn't been slowed most of the year.

I really have no idea what to think about Bridgewater.  I wasn't a big fan of his coming out of college but I thought he did pretty well at Minnesota before he got hurt.  But now that I look at his Minnesota stats, I'm not sure that they were as good as I thought they were - 3000-ish yards, mid-60s completion percentage but a pretty middling TD:INT ratio; plus a couple hundred rushing yards.

I guess my best estimation of Lock is I really have my doubts that a QB that dances to the PA music during timeouts is probably the most solid long term option.  So I'm fine going a different route.

I really think Deshaun Watson would be a Bronco if all the off-the-field issues hadn't surfaced.  And I was hoping against hope that Aaron Rodgers would find his way there (maybe next year??)  Because I didn't think Lock was probably the answer and I have my doubts about Bridgewater as well.

I really hope Surtain turns into a stud - and early indications are very good.  Because the Broncos had Fields and Jones fall in their lap and passed.  That might turn out to look like a really poor decision unless something else works out for them.

How many wins do they need for Fangio to keep his job? 

And if Rodgers goes to Denver, I'll have to move out of the state :lol:

14 minutes ago, GSG said:

How many wins do they need for Fangio to keep his job? 

And if Rodgers goes to Denver, I'll have to move out of the state :lol:

I was really shocked when that's who they hired.  He had one good year with Chicago but .... he didn't exactly fit the ... demographic I was expecting.  Especially in a league that is basically an offensive league now.

Miller is back and hopefully they have a full stable of receivers this year.  If they are below .500 again I'd be shocked if he was back.  So I guess that means about 9 wins.  Especially against what looks to be an easier schedule.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Mavric said:

I was really shocked when that's who they hired.  He had one good year with Chicago but .... he didn't exactly fit the ... demographic I was expecting.  Especially in a league that is basically an offensive league now.

Miller is back and hopefully they have a full stable of receivers this year.  If they are below .500 again I'd be shocked if he was back.  So I guess that means about 9 wins.  Especially against what looks to be an easier schedule.

I think it goes one of two ways. Either Checkdown Teddy Two Gloves plays well enough to just manage the offense, and the weapons they have on both sides of the ball carry them to a good amount of wins. They go roughly 10-7 and lose in the first round of the playoffs. 

Or, things completely fall apart early in the season, Fangio panics and puts Lock in, and he again shows that he's not a starting NFL QB. Team falls apart, goes 5-12, and Fangio gets fired. 

I'm a big Broncos fan and always hope that they do well, but if scenario two happens, I'd sort of be okay with it if it means that Fangio and his geriatric coaching staff get the boot.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is the Washington Football Team is down to three possibilities for a new nickname out of eight finalists.

The finalists are Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, Redwolves, Defenders and WFT (???).  It wasn't specified which three are remaining.

My picks:

Redhawks / Redwolves

Commanders / Defenders

Armada / Brigade

Washington Football Team

Presidents