Fireable Offense?

teachercd

I've watched the clips about ten times. Howard was way out of line. Then he basically doubles down on it by saying he thought 56 year old Mark Turgeon is "charging" at him for a fight and that 'where he's from' that means it's time to defend yourself. You're coaching a basketball game dips#!t. In the Big Ten. Grow up Peter Pan. 

If he said that then I'd fire his a$$ but there's no way of figuring out what he really said. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, GSG said:

I've watched the clips about ten times. Howard was way out of line. Then he basically doubles down on it by saying he thought 56 year old Mark Turgeon is "charging" at him for a fight and that 'where he's from' that means it's time to defend yourself. You're coaching a basketball game dips#!t. In the Big Ten. Grow up Peter Pan. 

If he said that then I'd fire his a$$ but there's no way of figuring out what he really said. 

Well, it won't take much to figure out if he said it or not...

If "plantation" gets you one game and almost fired...this for sure gets you fired.

Meh, Juwan won't get fired.  Nothing will come of this because there's no issue here.   OTOH, if Turgeon had mentioned the word "plantation", well THAT would be a scandal that could cost him his job.  

• Plus1 2

So if I got this right. Turgeon is pissed because Howard consistently leaves the coaches box and gets away with it so he complains to the league and warns the officials before the game. When Howard does it, Turgeon shows the officials and Howard makes a smart a$$ remark about it to Turgeon. Turgeon gets even more pissed walks toward  Howard and tells him not to talk to him. Howard goes ballistic and wants to try and kick Turgeon’s  butt, or at least tries to act really tough. Some unnamed source says Howard threatened to kill Turgeon.

A) sounds like some junior high fights I remember when the real issue was about some girl both dudes liked B) there had to be more background to this because it seems like small matter to get so pissed about. C) seems like “i am gonna kick your a$$” is more appropriate than I am gonna kill you, but whatever. D) I hate unamed sources. 247 said it was someone near court side and this one said Maryland. What the heck is Maryland...some university spokesman? 

The commish said they investigated and no further action was needed...yeah right, they did nothing. Turgeon seems petty and Howard should be embarrassed for going postal over something so stupid. He should have just shaken his head, smiled, and asked Turgeon if he was take his ball and go home. That would have been funny. Anyway, it doesn’t seem like anyone should be offended by this. Embarrassed maybe.