Yvan Ouedraogo

I don't see it as a huge loss.  I admire all of the work which Yvan has done to get better, and it sucks that he had to battle so many quality big men in the conference, but he's just not very good.  Hoiberg needs guys who can get a pass and finish at the rim, and Yvan has struggled to do that.  Even after he lost the weight and got more explosive he missed too many layups and free throws.

Hopefully Fred can use the roster spot on a big man who can be better than Yvan.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I get that his role diminished and was likely to shrink even more, but I still like the guy and wanted to see him succeed at NU. 

Best for both sides that he finds a better fit, but he was fun when he was being recruited and seemed so amped to be here.

Yes, he seemed like a great kid and a cool story when he was being recruited.  We all wanted him to succeed at NU.  But, this is the best for him.  He can go to a program which is a better fit.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Even after he lost the weight and got more explosive he missed too many layups and free throws.

This has been so frustrating.  He works hard to get set up for a play.  A guard works hard to get him the ball......only to miss an easy layup.

I was excited to see if he could grow within the system once he was here, but I think he hit a ceiling and this is best for everyone.

Now, we get to speculate on who the other 4 transfers are.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wouldnt mind snagging Ira Lee from Arizona as a grad transfer and also getting TyTy Washington at the Guard spot out of HS. Losing Yvan as well as someone like Stevenson to make room for them. 

Getting TyTy would be a massive coup, especially pairing him with McGowens next year. 

2 minutes ago, Comish said:

The irony here is that at the end of last season,  some were touting that he was the most improved player over the course of the season.

Just seemed to hit a wall this year.

Best of luck to him.

I thought he improved drastically BUT Andre is the future at the 5 and we have another JUCO Center coming in after next year while having another year of Walker this upcoming season. He was going to be 3rd on the depth chart the remainder of his career most likely. 

• Plus1 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Yvan Ouedraogo