Yvan Ouedraogo

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I thought he improved drastically BUT Andre is the future at the 5 and we have another JUCO Center coming in after next year while having another year of Walker this upcoming season. He was going to be 3rd on the depth chart the remainder of his career most likely. 

Andre has been a revelation. I cannot believe how good he is already as a freshman. He needs to have a serious offseason in the weight room- if he does, I cannot wait to see what he does for us next year

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Andre has been a revelation. I cannot believe how good he is already as a freshman. He needs to have a serious offseason in the weight room- if he does, I cannot wait to see what he does for us next year

He's got terrific handles for a C and great vision.  

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I thought he improved drastically BUT Andre is the future at the 5 and we have another JUCO Center coming in after next year while having another year of Walker this upcoming season. He was going to be 3rd on the depth chart the remainder of his career most likely. 

Understood and agree; Just musing on the irony of the last 12 months.

1 minute ago, Comish said:

Understood and agree; Just musing on the irony of the last 12 months.

Oh I agree, I expected him to really make a jump this year. He just doesnt have touch around the rim. Not sure if that can be coached or not. Maybe making him use eggs and toss them up and catch them gently. Who the hell knows lol 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Oh I agree, I expected him to really make a jump this year. He just doesnt have touch around the rim. Not sure if that can be coached or not. Maybe making him use eggs and toss them up and catch them gently. Who the hell knows lol 

Using your egg analogy, I'd prefer he'd grab those eggs with both hands and thunderously jam them down through the nets with authority rather than gently laying them on the rim and praying for a friendly roll.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Comish said:

Using your egg analogy, I'd prefer he'd grab those eggs with both hands and thunderously jam them down through the nets with authority rather than gently laying them on the rim and praying for a friendly roll.

I was always confused by this. He couldnt finesse around the rim and also couldnt power it in. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Comish said:

The irony here is that at the end of last season,  some were touting that he was the most improved player over the course of the season.

Just seemed to hit a wall this year.

Best of luck to him.

He did improve last season.  And did pretty well for a 17-year-old thrown into the fire.

His biggest issue is he can't score at the rim.  I was hopeful that an offseason of work would help remedy that.  It did not.  If you struggle to make layups, it's pretty tough to play major college ball.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I was always confused by this. He couldnt finesse around the rim and also couldnt power it in. 

Being able to take a drop-step or receive a pass and dunk the ball in traffic is much harder than it looks, and those types of athletes usually end up at better programs.  That's why having touch around the basket is so important, and Yvan never could figure out that touch.

• 4 weeks later...

• seaofred92 changed the title to Yvan Ouedraogo