2021-22 B1G Notes

On 7/1/2021 at 5:05 PM, teachercd said:

Chance he ends up back with Illinois but it also sounds like he is looking to cash in and figure out where the best place for that to happen will be.

Kentucky (his ex coach from Illinois is there)

Miami 

Illinois

Those are the rumors.  

You know nothing...

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

You know nothing...

Ha!  I was close!

Sounds like UK is out.  The FSU stuff came from nowhere.  It will be shocking if he isn't back with the Illini next year.  If he is back, it gives the illini the best PG and best C in the league and probably a top 4ish league finish.  

If he goes to FSU...probably at best middle of the pack.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  I was close!

Sounds like UK is out.  The FSU stuff came from nowhere.  It will be shocking if he isn't back with the Illini next year.  If he is back, it gives the illini the best PG and best C in the league and probably a top 4ish league finish.  

If he goes to FSU...probably at best middle of the pack.

It would seem kind of odd to go through all this .... process just to return to where you've been.  But I could know nothing either...

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It would seem kind of odd to go through all this .... process just to return to where you've been.  But I could know nothing either...

NIL baby...

Looking for the best deals.  Rumors of 3.2 million if he comes back to the Illini.  Who knows how true all that is.

29 minutes ago, teachercd said:

NIL baby...

Looking for the best deals.  Rumors of 3.2 million if he comes back to the Illini.  Who knows how true all that is.

He can get that much from Kentucky before NIL......

I saw a rumor that he is indeed coming back. I don't know about 3.2 million but he can make a whole lot of dough with NIL.

I always imagined him staying in the pros. I think that Cameron Krutwig not returning really allowed him to come back now that he doesn't have to deal with that nightmare! ;)

12 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

He can get that much from Kentucky before NIL......

I saw a rumor that he is indeed coming back. I don't know about 3.2 million but he can make a whole lot of dough with NIL.

I always imagined him staying in the pros. I think that Cameron Krutwig not returning really allowed him to come back now that he doesn't have to deal with that nightmare! ;)

Ha!  Cameron!!!

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This probably puts 4 Big Ten teams in the top 10.

Michigan

Purdue (They will be NASTY)

OSU

Illinois

Maryland could be really solid and Indiana will be good.

Iowa will suck, Wisconsin is falling, NW could be okay, Nebraska will be okay, Rutgers will fall back, PSU might not be bad, MSU will be top 20 to start the year.

• Plus1 1
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Obviously the B1G will be incredibly deep this year- but I think the bracketology will be especially “off” this year just given the sheer number of extra year guys across all of CBB. Have a feeling bids may be pretty well disbursed throughout conferences compared to pervious years where one league pushes for 8-10