2021-22 B1G Notes

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

31 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Howard should be suspended for the rest of the season & his employment assessed after the season. 

At first I thought his presser would get him fired but now I think he was smart with his "self defense". There is no way they are canning him if he sticks with the story that he felt scared for his safety. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

At first I thought his presser would get him fired but now I think he was smart with his "self defense". There is no way they are canning him if he sticks with the story that he felt scared for his safety. 

I think his excuse is baloney.  He was surrounded by his own staff and literally reached in and smacked the guy.  How does UM not fire him?  He smacked someone on the court, after a game.  Pathetic.  Juvenile.  Embarrassing, I would hope, for anyone who's a UM fan.  

A coach can yell, point fingers, maybe even a chest bump, but a punch?  That crosses a line, I would think.  

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think his excuse is baloney.  He was surrounded by his own staff and literally reached in and smacked the guy.  How does UM not fire him?  He smacked someone on the court, after a game.  Pathetic.  Juvenile.  Embarrassing, I would hope, for anyone who's a UM fan.  

A coach can yell, point fingers, maybe even a chest bump, but a punch?  That crosses a line, I would think.  

I hope he doesn’t pull the “l grew up on the south side of Chicago…” bull crap again. I think he has a problem with going postal when anyone gets in his face. I read the worst the B1G can do is 10000 and a two game suspension. It will be up to M. I am guessing he will be out indefinitely and some of the players for a couple games. I am surprised we haven’t heard an apology from him. We have from his bosses. if he had simply nut punched Brad Davison, I would give him a pass. :D

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

There is no place in any college sport for a coach to be throwing a punch. 

9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I agree...I just think his excuse will save him in the end and it looks like it already has since the Michigan AD already said Wisconsin instigated it.

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree...I just think his excuse will save him in the end and it looks like it already has since the Michigan AD already said Wisconsin instigated it.

If you want to get technical, Howard started it by pressing while down 15 with under 30 seconds to go in the game.  No point to do that.  Just let Wisconsin's scrubs bring the ball up court & run out the clock.  He was upset because Wisconsin called a TO in a game that was decided, but if it is decided why press?  Howard may be a good coach, but he clearly doesn't have the temperament to be a head coach.  He's threatened to kill one coach and thrown punches at another in the last two years.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1