WR Landon Samson [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

24 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Samson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what’s the story with us being so high on him but low rating?  He has other P5 offers. 

Not really sure to be honest.  He seems to have put up stats for one of the best teams in Texas against good competition.

He seems to just not really have been completely evaluated by the ratings companies yet.  He is a three-star on Rivals but they don't have him ranked at his position yet.  This holds down his 247 Composite rating as well.  As far as I can tell, when 247 does their Composite, if the recruit don't have a ranking (just a three-star rating) on Rivals, they go into the Composite as a .8333 from Rivals.  So that drags their average down.  247 didn't have him rated either until a couple months ago.  So I wonder if both have just given him more of a temporary rating since he started getting offers but haven't really gotten him a full evaluation.

I don't know if that's the case but it seems plausible.

• 3 weeks later...

Only other visit he has planned is an unofficial to Ohio State.  Not sure they're really interested.  Likely he's going because of Ewers.

Taking classes this summer so he can graduate early and enroll in January.

Originally planned to decide by the end of the summer but now says it could be sooner.

He'll be :bigredn:, imo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Except the part that if he gets a commitable offer from them he won't be our guy. 

Well sure ... but the sky isn't falling.  We [the board] believe we are on the uptick and getting who we need [that is what I'm being told] to compete for championships.

I'm not in agreement with that view ... but various folks shame you for acknowledging the wrongs, errors and shortcomings [as one sees it].

• Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Landon Samson [South Carolina - Signed LOI]