We are a young team

27 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

1. I think our recruiting rankings show we have better talent than the MR era which was inherited. 2. We are going into the year young due to attrition. 3. Guys who no longer wanted to live up to a higher standard on and off the field and guys who refused to stay and win a job outright. 4. Some others just didn't have the talent and needed to go.  Some may have lost faith in the system due to all the close losses.

No, I do not think this is a perpetual point of argument but it is now.  SF had a monumental rebuild when he came because of the failures of the past coaches and administrations.  Even so, I do find fault in SF.  He needs to change his offense to suit the Big 10.  We must have a power running game to win.  Period!  I am confident that will happen.

1. Massively debatable 

2. Completely on the head coach

3. No one knows what you're talking about

4. We lost to Illinois at home and got smoked, last part again no one knows what you are talking about. 

5.  Failed administration before you have nothing to do with still being a horrid football team in year four.  Quit trying to pin Frosts absolute disaster of tenure here on anyone.

6.  You sound like Matt Davison's kid brother

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, dubsker said:

The most surprising thing to me, was that someone took an entire day to respond to this post.

What surprised me the most was that anyone responded. :lol:

I mean correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t all players get a free year of eligibility last season? That alone would seem to make us (and every team) 25% younger than the average year. Add in higher than normal attrition the first 2 years due to trying to change/flip the roster and you pretty naturally get a younger less experienced roster. 

That’s no excuse for the lack of growth and performance so far but it is what it is.

• Plus1 2

Ah, group think at its finest.

OP makes and optimistic comment.

• Hey watch me be snarky about it.
  • I can be snarkier than you
  • No wait, watch how clever I can be
  • You guys are dopes....I'm the snarkiest
  • Uh uh, lemme show you how uptown funk you up I can be......

Look, I have trouble agreeing with the OP, but you figs who pile on trying to be cuter than the one before .......not sure what to say.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

The reason I posted it was due to the negative group think on this board.  There seems to be one dominant narrative here and no room for anything other than whatever the most active posters have to say.  When you disagree you are made out to be ignorant.  They are fan boys of each others opinions.

15 hours ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Look, I have trouble agreeing with the OP, but you figs who pile on trying to be cuter than the one before .......not sure what to say.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

We have a lot of young players. We also carry a huge roster and half of those young guys are walk-ons, many of which will never contribute outside of STs. We probably are on the young side, but I don't think anyone really wants to use that as a crutch in year 4. Young/old, big/small, fast/slow, smart/dumb, local/not-local, we're kinda past the point of any of that mattering. Years 1-2-3 it's easy to convince ourselves something else is the problem. By year 4 expectations should be at the bare minimum be bowl eligible, and we should start seeing evidence that we are capable of wining the division. I sometimes get caught up in the crap that doesn't matter, I was hard on Frost for the OU thing, I've been hard on Frost for players like Wandale leaving - but at the end of the day none of that stuff, not the schedule, not the experience of the team, not the SP+ ratings - none of it matters. W/L is the metric now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
15 hours ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Word of the Day appears to be "Snark" or some derivative of it. 

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Was this the uptown funk you up post? 

I'm also pretty sure no thread in this forum is complete w/o the doomsday cult of nothing matters cuz Frost sux and there is nothing to be positive about except his firing like ever!

• Plus1 1