We are a young team

18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So if the line doesn't get built by year 4/5/6 you'll still be blaming Mike Riley?

I get there were deficiencies but you can't continuously blame the other guy 4 years later and expect to have a mentally tough team. Where is the accountability in a scenario where all my problems are someone else's fault?  From day one they should have said "the past is the past, we are rolling with the guys in the building and we're going to do our best from here forward". Instead we are still hearing about how the last guy made my life hard and that is poor form in my opinion.  When did Nebraska fans turn in to a group who constantly makes excuses?

We are doing the best with what we have.  And what we have is slowly getting better 

With some missteps along the way.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I hope we're close now.  As I've said, pulling in talent like Corcoran and Benhart hasn't been done at Nebraska in a long, long time.

But we can't expect them to be All B1G level right away.

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

We are doing the best with what we have.  And what we have is slowly getting better 

With some missteps along the way.

I never expected all conference players right away but I have expected a more competitive team to date.  You can have a less talented team that doesn't beat itself, see most of the B1G West, but that still isn't Nebraska.  That is on the current coaches and a great offensive line won't make that go away completely.

I am fine with missteps and mistakes,  I just want accountability and honesty. Admit your failures and work towards bettering yourselves.  I would be happy if no one in that program or here ever mentions Mike Riley again. :lol:

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I never expected all conference players right away but I have expected a more competitive team to date.  You can have a less talented team that doesn't beat itself, see most of the B1G West, but that still isn't Nebraska.  That is on the current coaches and a great offensive line won't make that go away completely.

I am fine with missteps and mistakes,  I just want accountability and honesty. Admit your failures and work towards bettering yourselves.  I would be happy if no one in that program or here ever mentions Mike Riley again. :lol:

We definitely added to the coaches who shall not be named under Perlman's leadership.

We are absolutely a more competitive team under Frost.  We have lost to Iowa by a total of 12 points with Frost as coach 

....and again with missteps such as the Illinois performance and the Minnesota performance.

The other thing we still need is leadership to emerge.  If you look at what Jaimes has said to the media for example, it's pretty evident he wasn't that interested in being a leader 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Coach Klieman clearly parachuted into one of the prime jobs in all of college football, while Coach Frost was left with ruins.  Given this, it would probably be a bear for the NU administration to convince Coach Klieman to switch jobs and double his salary.  In terms of the "lucky" wins, and if they are indeed nothing more than good fortune, than I think we can agree that we are due for one of those ourselves.  

Incidentally, I am confident that the SP+ bonus comp is in the mail for Coach Frost.  Another season of success.

Some people here have made it clear they are only going to evaluate the quality of football teams based on the binary of their win-loss records with no other context or information. I think that is extremely stupid (and probably being used to make a variety of bad-faith arguments), but if you'd like to, more power to you. But by almost every advanced ratings system we would have been a double-digit favorite against K-State last year, and both of their wins against OU the past two years OU had an 80%+ postgame win expectancy. They are not indicative of anything other than catching the right breaks at the right time.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Some people here have made it clear they are only going to evaluate the quality of football teams based on the binary of their win-loss records with no other context or information. I think that is extremely stupid (and probably being used to make a variety of bad-faith arguments), but if you'd like to, more power to you. But by almost every advanced ratings system we would have been a double-digit favorite against K-State last year, and both of their wins against OU the past two years OU had an 80%+ postgame win expectancy. They are not indicative of anything other than catching the right breaks at the right time.

Would you have put your own money on Nebraska beating KSU last year straight up? Or +10?  

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If we applied the same logic that Riley is the reason Frost hasn't been successful in 3 years. Wouldn't that mean the only reason Frost had a good team at UCF is because O'Leary?

Yes.

It's been discussed since Frost's arrival here how many UCF guys were NFL talents.

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Yes? I've explained why in my last few posts. I think we should all stop talking about K-State.

Fair enough. Nebraska beat only one team last year by double digits, and that was Purdue. If Vegas had given 10.5 on Nebraska, you would have lost. Purdue was a pretty bad team. 

When actual money is on the line, Nebraska has been a bad bet for more than a decade. And those metrics are far from binary W/L records.