We are a young team

On 3/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, junior4949 said:

Do you have anything to back up the bolded?  Maybe, a better question would by why are we heading into year four so young?  We are young and inexperienced.  Why, as we enter year four?  Are we still going to be using this excuse as we head into year six or seven?    

Spot on. We do not need to start coming up with excuses ahead of time if the 2021 team struggles. By Year 4 Frost has had plenty of time to develop talent and a bench containing the players of his choosing.

• Plus1 1
On 3/27/2021 at 11:24 AM, HuskerNation1 said:

Spot on. We do not need to start coming up with excuses ahead of time if the 2021 team struggles. By Year 4 Frost has had plenty of time to develop talent and a bench containing the players of his choosing.

losing way too many guys to transfer portal.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:41 PM, TheSker said:

Frost gets evaluated on every season.

Let's see what happens in season 4 before you make claims about post season 5.

Following years of poor performance, patience is all that I have.  i just want to be certain that we all agree that 5 years is sufficient to assess progress.  No caveats, asterisks, or reasoning away.  I would think all reasonable minds would agree that we do not need to be absent from bowl season for 7 years before we make a change.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, J-MAGIC said:

Klieman inherited a development machine set up by Snyder in good standing, had an quality and experienced returning quarterback, and plays in a much easier conference. If he hadn't pulled off two of the most insanely lucky wins I've ever seen off against OU not a single person would be talking about him. K-State finished about 40 spots below us in SP+ last year at 70th. If they had played our schedule they would have been favored to win one game.

Coach Klieman clearly parachuted into one of the prime jobs in all of college football, while Coach Frost was left with ruins.  Given this, it would probably be a bear for the NU administration to convince Coach Klieman to switch jobs and double his salary.  In terms of the "lucky" wins, and if they are indeed nothing more than good fortune, than I think we can agree that we are due for one of those ourselves.  

Incidentally, I am confident that the SP+ bonus comp is in the mail for Coach Frost.  Another season of success.

• Fire 1
15 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Coach Klieman clearly parachuted into one of the prime jobs in all of college football, while Coach Frost was left with ruins.  Given this, it would probably be a bear for the NU administration to convince Coach Klieman to switch jobs and double his salary.  In terms of the "lucky" wins, and if they are indeed nothing more than good fortune, than I think we can agree that we are due for one of those ourselves.  

Incidentally, I am confident that the SP+ bonus comp is in the mail for Coach Frost.  Another season of success.

Who needs lucky wins when you can have a moral victory by playing 1.5 good quarters of football verse ohio state?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Not sure those were lucky wins. In 2019, K-State led OU 41-23 at the end of the 3rd quarter. And in 2020, they outscored OU 17-0 in the 4th quarter, on the road, to win the game.

2 minutes ago, ReddyRed said:

Not sure those were lucky wins. In 2019, K-State led OU 41-23 at the end of the 3rd quarter. And in 2020, they outscored OU 17-0 in the 4th quarter, on the road, to win the game.

Classic case of the other guys have everything in the world going for them, it's all easy over there but our guy has every possible card stacked against him, and it's just not possible for him to succeed in this world beater conference.  Zeus himself would only win 5 games at Nebraska with this schedule.

Some things are true, fair, but it makes me roll my eyes pretty hard to hear people saying these things.

6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Classic case of the other guys have everything in the world going for them, it's all easy over there but our guy has every possible card stacked against him, and it's just not possible for him to succeed in this world beater conference.  Zeus himself would only win 5 games at Nebraska with this schedule.

Some things are true, fair, but it makes me roll my eyes pretty hard to hear people saying these things.

Meh....Riley lost his last three games by almost 100 points, including a 42 point loss to Iowa.

That's about as big of a dumpster fire as anyone could take over regardless of how hard you roll your eyes.

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Meh....Riley lost his last three games by almost 100 points, including a 42 point loss to Iowa.

That's about as big of a dumpster fire as anyone could take over regardless of how hard you roll your eyes.

How many years do you think this should take? Honest question.  How long before you stop blaming Riley for everything?

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

However long it takes to build a top notch B1G offensive line from scratch.

So if the line doesn't get built by year 4/5/6 you'll still be blaming Mike Riley?

I get there were deficiencies but you can't continuously blame the other guy 4 years later and expect to have a mentally tough team. Where is the accountability in a scenario where all my problems are someone else's fault?  From day one they should have said "the past is the past, we are rolling with the guys in the building and we're going to do our best from here forward". Instead we are still hearing about how the last guy made my life hard and that is poor form in my opinion.  When did Nebraska fans turn in to a group who constantly makes excuses?

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

So if the line doesn't get built by year 4/5/6 you'll still be blaming Mike Riley?

I hope we're close now.  As I've said, pulling in talent like Corcoran and Benhart hasn't been done at Nebraska in a long, long time.

But we can't expect them to be All B1G level right away.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1