Thunderin' Bolts vs. Minnesota

How does Nebraska fare this weekend?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How does Nebraska fare this weekend?

• 4-0
    • 3-1
    • 2-2
    • 1-3
    • 0-4

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/26/2021 at 07:00 PM

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

He said it was the first time since 2019 that we swept a B1G opponent.  So still not a particularly helpful stat but there have been other opportunities since then so...

OK I didn't watch it again to make sure, I should have :lol: But yeah, that's actually even worse, since 2020 featured 0 conference series.

Edit: I did watch again, he definitely said best start since 2019, so probably misspoke, but nevertheless. Announcers need to have their "best/first [blank] since [blank]" scenarios planned out before the game, I'm pretty sure. Make sure they make sense and are generally more impressive than the previous season where such a scenario was possible, it's just not that interesting.

1 hour ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

Did that announcer really say what I heard him say? Nebraska's best 15-game start since. . .2019? 2020 did have 15 games before being canceled but come on, that's only 1 year. Not really a noteworthy stat.

I would expect this year to be our best start. Typically we travel to the south and west coast and play better teams who have been practicing all winter. By the time we reach Big 10 play, we are saddled with a losing record and a confidence issue. This year, that couldn't happen. 

2 hours ago, HANC said:

I would expect this year to be our best start. Typically we travel to the south and west coast and play better teams who have been practicing all winter. By the time we reach Big 10 play, we are saddled with a losing record and a confidence issue. This year, that couldn't happen. 

So did research this is the best start since 2009, which we went 11-3-1, we finished 25-28-1 that year

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

So did research this is the best start since 2009, which we went 11-3-1, we finished 25-28-1 that year

That schedule was pretty easy, with being mostly lower tier DI schools which included northern teams such as NDSU and SDSU.  The California team we played, was in Lincoln.  Once we hit the Big 12, we took a pretty good beating.  I for one thought we would move into the Big 10, with other schools located in the north and dominate.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, HANC said:

That schedule was pretty easy, with being mostly lower tier DI schools which included northern teams such as NDSU and SDSU.  The California team we played, was in Lincoln.  Once we hit the Big 12, we took a pretty good beating.  I for one thought we would move into the Big 10, with other schools located in the north and dominate.  

Quoting the bold, you weren't alone here... Relatively sure most of us thought the same. Like most nationally, we snubbed our nose at B1G baseball and well... we learned the truth very quickly.