***Nebraska Pro Day 2021***

GSG

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

New trainers?  I’d say it’s a product of the daily workouts and nutrition aimed at getting good pro-day numbers.  I doubt the cut weight would have yielded better results on the field for their positions.   

So, wouldn’t scouts take a negative if they have to do that to get the numbers?

I would think they would have to gain the weight back to play....especially a lineman. 

8 hours ago, hunter49 said:

well, so much for our S&C program working well! maybe these 2 clowns could have worked a little harder.

I’d say their no different than most.  The college life of pounding the beers, fast food, overeating at the training table are over and now they’re transitioning to an audition for a potential 6 to 7 figure income.   Things just got pretty serious for them and their careers.  

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Farniok and Jaimes were told by scouts that they needed to drop some bad weight and increase their core strength and flexibility.   

I'm not surprised. Both players seemed lackadaisical on the field, so not surprising their bodies/body fat reflected the same as a result of their work in the weight room. Bad weight room/conditioning habits are tough to break when you are a clear cut starter based on talent and no one to push you. If we continue to see such input from scouts going forward I'd be more concerned about S&C and the S&C staff - but I'm not there yet. 

• Plus1 1

This is another reality check for me. As a fan you follow so many of these kids from the time they are recruited out of high school and you really believe they're going to be great players.  But the fact is we, for whatever reason, have not turned out a lot of great players in the past 5 years.  Obviously things like reducing penalties, turnovers, etc could sure make us a helluva lot better team.  But the amount of NFL talent to come out of this program the last 5 years is very underwhelming.  That's in overall numbers and in regards to game changing players. (Who was the last game changing player we had BTW? Randy Gregory?).  Until this changes I see us being a middle of the road team at best. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Farms said:

This is another reality check for me. As a fan you follow so many of these kids from the time they are recruited out of high school and you really believe they're going to be great players.  But the fact is we, for whatever reason, have not turned out a lot of great players in the past 5 years.  Obviously things like reducing penalties, turnovers, etc could sure make us a helluva lot better team.  But the amount of NFL talent to come out of this program the last 5 years is very underwhelming.  That's in overall numbers and in regards to game changing players. (Who was the last game changing player we had BTW? Randy Gregory?).  Until this changes I see us being a middle of the road team at best. 

Game changing like first round draft talent? Randy might be right.

But Ozigbo, Stan, DPE, & even Mo Washington left voids in our offense we’ve yet to fill. The lack of development on the offensive side of the ball has been terrible.