The 2022 Congressional Elections

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

:laughpound

So she changed her mind.  BFD.  The fact that you find it funny is disturbing.  Cheney is investigating crimes by those in power that this country hasn’t seen before.  The voters of Wyoming want to punish her for that and in doing so are showing how pathetic they really are.  You just made it clear which side you support.  

• Plus1 7
2 hours ago, nic said:

I keep hearing this. Democrats have messaging problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/us/politics/democrats-schools-voters.html

Then I hear on this board how they have superior solutions to real problems. Maybe it’s that the problems they have real solutions to are not at the forefront of most voters top priorities. Transgenders in womens sports is not high on the list of independents. I actually agree with Hillary that it’s not a hill to die on in 2022 or 24. Maybe pick the right battles.

Also, if you have a great product (policy) you are trying to sell it to a customer (voters), disparaging or shaming the customer is not the way to go. Telling certain voters they are not educated or in denial, or racist and they just don’t realize it, is not going to sell a product

If you want to tell that to 29% of the electorate (Republicans) you can still win, but don’t let the independents hear you. They might think it’s directed at them depending on their opinion. 

What should we do, meet them in the middle? Mexicans are only rapists, not murderers too? Democracy is only okay to overthrow part time? Assault Rifles are okay to shoot children with, but maybe you should think really hard before letting them do it?

Sorry, we don't need to engage in fantasy just to string along rural people because their feelings get hurt when confronted with reality. Let them form their own country so they can ruin it. Secede from the union already, they won't be missed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What should we do, meet them in the middle? Mexicans are only rapists, not murderers too? Democracy is only okay to overthrow part time? Assault Rifles are okay to shoot children with, but maybe you should think really hard before letting them do it?

Sorry, we don't need to engage in fantasy just to string along rural people because their feelings get hurt when confronted with reality. Let them form their own country so they can ruin it. Secede from the union already, they won't be missed.

Sooooo, feelings of people don't matter?

I am 100% with you!  Their feelings, when confronted with reality, should not matter!  Thank you!

I would imagine everyone here agrees with this.

• Plus1 2

21 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Guess what group of voters is leaving the intolerant left in droves….yep the Hispanic population.   

Since you all are in the habit of talking about Europe when it comes to gas oil and inflation….how many in the EU unnecessarily does from Covid?  I’m sure you have that number handy to share.  

Kind of makes the Republican's claim that Dems want open borders to get all those voters in that would vote Dem kind of idiotic....doesn't it?

I've always said that if Republicans were smart, they would be catering to Mexicans.  They typically, are very conservative.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of makes the Republican's claim that Dems want open borders to get all those voters in that would vote Dem kind of idiotic....doesn't it?

I've always said that if Republicans were smart, they would be catering to Mexicans.  They typically, are very conservative.

One of the top issues for Hispanic voters is border security and not allowing people to flood in illegally.   So no it’s not idiotic.  

Republicans should not be catering to Mexicans as they don’t vote here, but should be reaching out to Hispanic immigrants to the US because they do prefer a stable secure environment and generally a conservative home.  

• Plus1 2
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You know I'm talking about Mexican immigrants.  

one of their top issues of that group is border security.  Once R’s actually started to put things into action instead of just talking about it, it has moved the needle for the Hispanic support. 

• Plus1 2
20 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

How high do you think this issue is for Democrat politicians?

High enough that Hillary commented on it and then got criticized. Maybe Hillary doesn’t matter anymore, but that is why I picked that example. 

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's not as important as other groups, but still necessary to curb the spread to older people as much as possible. A sitting governor making a specific announcement that he's not going to order them to even make them an option is idiotic, dangerous, and further plays into the distrust that is a mainstay of the GOP base.

Agreed. There is no reason not to order some so folks have a choice. It’s not up to him to make that choice for parents. It’s their kids, not his.

18 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I would suggest to persuade and convince the voters. It often degrades to what I mentioned very quickly which will make people shut off and not want to engage.

I remember listening to a political debate some years ago in the office. All of sudden the liberal guy just says “that is straight up racism” and walks away. I thought I was listening, but the accusation made me wonder what I had missed. I looked at the two guys who were left and asked what happened and both shrugged their shoulders and went back to work. One was a conservative and the other a moderate liberal who liked debating. I thought, no one will ever invite that dude into a discussion again.

it’s the middle the Dems need to win and I think it’s a large middle. Acting like half the country is racist, sexist, homophobic, and stupid isn’t going to win anyone from that half over. The Dems do not need to win that many. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

One of the top issues for Hispanic voters is border security and not allowing people to flood in illegally.   So no it’s not idiotic.  

Republicans should not be catering to Mexicans as they don’t vote here, but should be reaching out to Hispanic immigrants to the US because they do prefer a stable secure environment and generally a conservative home.  

This take is exactly why I feel Democrats fail miserably with many moderate voters. D’s either are or at minimum, give the impression that they are too lax at the border.  I agree that existing Hispanic citizens don’t necessarily want more Hispanics here if they’re crossing illegally.  

9 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

This take is exactly why I feel Democrats fail miserably with many moderate voters. D’s either are or at minimum, give the impression that they are too lax at the border.  I agree that existing Hispanic citizens don’t necessarily want more Hispanics here if they’re crossing illegally.  

It's funny when Republicans claim Democrats want open borders.....when more Mexicans have been caught trying to cross the border during the Democrat administration.

• Plus1 1