The 2022 Congressional Elections

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't know enough about Wyoming to know who is running on the Democratic side.  But, I think Cheney's problem is that it might be easier to defeat the cult member than Cheney.  If Cheney were to win the nomination, she might be popular enough to defeat whomever is running for the Dems.  I can't imagine the MAGA heads in Wyoming voting for a Dem though.....so I don't know how all that would work out.

Yes that is true.  The Dems may see it as an easy pickup and withhold their support for Cheney.  However,  the GOP out numbers the Dems in registration by a huge margin. 

198k to 45k out of a total voter registration of 281k when other parties & independents are added in.   So therefore she would need a huge # of Dems, a large contingent of never Trump GOPers to swing this her way -  or an act of God!   The GOP pretty much has the seat locked up regardless who wins the primary.  The Dems may have a choice to make regarding the lessor of 2 evils. 

https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/Docs/VRStats/2022/22JuneVR_stats.pdf

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes that is true.  The Dems may see it as an easy pickup and withhold their support for Cheney.  However,  the GOP out numbers the Dems in registration by a huge margin. 

198k to 45k out of a total voter registration of 281k when other parties & independents are added in.   So therefore she would need a huge # of Dems, a large contingent of never Trump GOPers to swing this her way -  or an act of God!   The GOP pretty much has the seat locked up regardless who wins the primary.  The Dems may have a choice to make regarding the lessor of 2 evils. 

https://sos.wyo.gov/Elections/Docs/VRStats/2022/22JuneVR_stats.pdf

Basically, she's done.  Which, like you said, is a very sad state of affairs for the Republican party.  There are way too many people in that party (both voters and elected officials) that have totally bought into the cult of Trump.

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Basically, she's done.  Which, like you said, is a very sad state of affairs for the Republican party.  There are way too many people in that party (both voters and elected officials) that have totally bought into the cult of Trump.

Yes so very sad. As a life long GOPer I didn't think I'd ever say this:  we really need the Dems to step up, get their act together by moderating some what, to save this country from what I fear will be a radical GOP congress.   They also need to get better candidates for 2024- not the same old ancient bones.  

• Plus1 2

Pretty amazing stuff.  You got a guy who can barely put 3 sentences together,  knows nothing about domestic or foreign policy but could be elected by a bunch of uninformed voters.  How could this happen in America?    Oh wait - 2016. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, nic said:

For a second I thought you were talking sbout Biden. :D

That too but that would be off topic :backtotopic  Walker’s election would be proof that the lowest common denominator has now become a political measurement and not a math measurement