The 2022 Congressional Elections

48 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope he is done for sure.  In normal times he was a terrible candidate.  But in the era of MAGA, he was a dangerous candidate.  His support of the Trump agenda is reason enough to reject him.  He doesn't have the intelligence to stand on his own and would not be an independent voice in the senate - he'd be beholden to the Cult Master to do his bidding. But beyond that, it is obvious to all except Trump cult members that the guy took too many hits on the football field - he is a slice of bread short of  a sandwich.  And if he rejected the sound advice of his family, then he also has the ego that is only rivaled by Trump's.  

All that matters is that he votes R. He isn't a Dem, and that's good enough. 

The race right now is very slightly in Warnock's favor, by 1%, maybe less. However, over the last 3 weeks momentum has returned to Republican candidates. Over the next 4 weeks, I would expect that to continue and Walker to win by 1-2%.

It seems likely that Republicans flip the Senate by winning in GA, NV and an outside shot in NH and PA. I'd guess that Rs control the Senate 52-48 and ends up with a 15-20 seat House majority.

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, commando said:

if Walker reveals another paid for abortion  and a covered up murder he might just be the Republican presidential front runner

Watching them all one-up each other is going to be hilarious. If he commits a felony and some audio recording emerges of him threatening his wife with a gun, he might just be a lock.

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's a big swing after one debate. How many more are scheduled, and does LoBo even do it?

That is a big swing.  I read an article the other day basically saying she had a sure win in her district because of its 'redness' .    It would be great to see her and some other Cult Members defeated on election night. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That's a big swing after one debate. How many more are scheduled, and does LoBo even do it?

Is it really that big of a swing?  I think these polls usually claim something like a 2% margin of error.  So, Bobo's numbers would be within the margin of error both ways.  Frisch's is close to that.

I hope she gets slaughtered come November.  But, this doesn't give much more hope than I had before.  Especially when she's ahead in both polls.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Is it really that big of a swing?  I think these polls usually claim something like a 2% margin of error.  So, Bobo's numbers would be within the margin of error both ways.  Frisch's is close to that.

I hope she gets slaughtered come November.  But, this doesn't give much more hope than I had before.  Especially when she's ahead in both polls.

Bobo +7 to Bobo +2 is a pretty decent swing. But I agree, she's still likely to win. 

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, she didn't say what they claim she said.  So, there's nothing she should have done differently with the statement.

All true, but what she actually said (while there is a lot of truth to it) is still pretty tone deaf and borderline racists. For sure it plays into stereotypes about Latin American immigrants.

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

All true, but what she actually said (while there is a lot of truth to it) is still pretty tone deaf and borderline racists. For sure it plays into stereotypes about Latin American immigrants.

No….a lot of immigrants work in agriculture in the south. It’s not racist to say so.  It’s fact.  And….immigration bans have hurt those farmers.  It’s also not racist to say that. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No….a lot of immigrants work in agriculture in the south. It’s not racist to say so.  It’s fact.  And….immigration bans have hurt those farmers.  It’s also not racist to say that. 

But it's pretty f#&%ing bad to stereotype all those immigrants as working in agriculture. Which she did. She shouldn't have said it. It would be like saying white athletes are heady, gritty, hard working, gamers; while black athletes are athletic, physically gifted, freaks. Or how about how Asians are really good at math, or make good doctors? You don't say stuff like that in this day and age, you just don't.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But it's pretty f#&%ing bad to stereotype all those immigrants as working in agriculture. Which she did. She shouldn't have said it. It would be like saying white athletes are heady, gritty, hard working, gamers; while black athletes are athletic, physically gifted, freaks. Or how about how Asians are really good at math, or make good doctors? You don't say stuff like that in this day and age, you just don't.

She’s not saying all those should just work in the fields. 

This is an idiotic issue that Republicans are trying to use and it’s pathetic. There are many reasons to not like her, but this has stupid. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2