The 2022 Congressional Elections

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

She’s not saying all those should just work in the fields. 

This is an idiotic issue that Republicans are trying to use and it’s pathetic. There are many reasons to not like her, but this has stupid. 

No, she's not saying they should. She's making it sound like that's all they do though. It was a pretty f#&%ing stupid thing to say. Not surprising for someone like her and her age, but you shouldn't be saying anything like that.

8 hours ago, ZRod said:

No, she's not saying they should. She's making it sound like that's all they do though. It was a pretty f#&%ing stupid thing to say. Not surprising for someone like her and her age, but you shouldn't be saying anything like that.

No she didn’t.  You’re choosing to take it that way. Which is a you problem.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
18 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Watching them all one-up each other is going to be hilarious. If he commits a felony and some audio recording emerges of him threatening his wife with a gun, he might just be a lock.

You all say stuff like this all the time and in many different threads, yet it’s the side you support that had a Senate leader that literally killed someone and tried to wash it away.  That same person almost won the Pres nomination.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

You all say stuff like this all the time and in many different threads, yet it’s the side you support that had a Senate leader that literally killed someone and tried to wash it away.  That same person almost won the Pres nomination.  

At the time, I didn’t realize republicans wanted to be like that too. Congrats. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The difference is I don't support that candidate after those reports come out.

Unlike for Republican voters, actions like holding a gun to their wife's head, having numerous children and lying about their existence and an obvious inability to understand the world around them is enough to make me not vote for them. 

43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Economy is just about always front and center during an election.   About time to :restore

The economy, on average, performs better under Democrats than Republicans and by a considerable amount. Welcome aboard, your vote is necessary to combat the undemocratic and anti-American politics of the party you used to support! 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

@TGHusker  Did you mention hypocrisy?

Here last name is appropriate for a MAGA person Caralina AMESTY     - but spelled without the N

I think it is pretty 'offensive" this blatant self-promotion.  An opportunist just like her cult leader. 

am·nes·ty
  1. an official pardon for people who have been convicted of political offenses.
    "an amnesty for political prisoners"

Is OPEC in league with the Republicans? How dare they decrease oil production a month before the midterms. Actually I would prefer lower prices so please increase production. Or better yet just make the US energy independent and enable us to counter whatever OPEC does. I think we were there close once and OPEC increased production to drive the price down and in kill the fracking industry. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/10/05/opec-plus-oil-cut-russia-saudi-arabia/

News flash: both political parties are full of hypocrites. End of story.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, nic said:

Is OPEC in league with the Republicans? How dare they decrease oil production a month before the midterms. Actually I would prefer lower prices so please increase production. Or better yet just make the US energy independent and enable us to counter whatever OPEC does. I think we were there close once and OPEC increased production to drive the price down and in kill the fracking industry. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/10/05/opec-plus-oil-cut-russia-saudi-arabia/

News flash: both political parties are hypocrites. End of story.

US can increase production and I'm all fine with that.  But, this is a global market and we will NEVER get away from OPEC being able to affect prices like this.  They just produce way too much of the global demand.  We have a lot of oil.  But, no where close to enough to take away their influence.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, nic said:

Or better yet just make the US energy independent and enable us to counter whatever OPEC does

We are now.  Or we never were.  Depends on the definition.  

However, what isn’t true is that we lost that energy independence under President Biden.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/10/01/us-energy-independence-has-grown/?sh=2ba0bfaa657e

Using the definition of exports minute imports, 2021 was our highest level of energy independence in history. In other words, we are even more energy independent than we were in 2019. (You can see all the data in U.S. Energy Facts Explained at the EIA website, which is also the source of the above graphic).

So, on an apples-to-apples comparison, depending on your definition we are either still energy independent, or we never were.

• Plus1 1