The 2022 Congressional Elections

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If by "abortion by demand" you mean abortion rates  plummiting each decade, than I guess you're correct.

If you say "Drag Queens in Schools" representing exposure approximately 0.1% of school aged children, then sure. 

If by "genital mutilation" you're referring to gender reassignment surgery, representing an extremely small percent of school aged children, than sure. For example, there are approximately ~49 million individuals between 6-18 years old in the US.

-1390 are on puberty blockers or 0.0025% of minors.

-282 received mastectomy or 0.0004%

-Data is not as available for other types of gender reassignment surgeries, but the numbers are going to be extremely similar

To put these numbers into perspective, around ~200 people were struck by lighting in 2009 (but only 100 or so last year, yay!).

These are non-issues Republicans have used to strike fear into people to coax them into voting against their own interests. No different than VA governor Youngkin running on CRT and banning it - even though it didn't exist in his state. 

Interesting.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

In your experience as a teacher, do these numbers seem accurate? 

Are you aware of any students on puberty blockers or who've has gender reassignment surgeries? 

I'm genuinely curious. 

Puberty blockers, no, I have no idea.  Never had one as far as I know.

Reassignment, not really but  A few that want to be called the other gender.

I do think a very high % are taking moron pills and also must be smoking or snorting a crap load of annoyingness each morning. I have no data to back that up.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Puberty blockers, no, I have no idea.  Never had one as far as I know.

Reassignment, not really but  A few that want to be called the other gender.

I do think a very high % are taking moron pills and also must be smoking or snorting a crap load of annoyingness each morning. I have no data to back that up.

Any students that want to be identified as 21 yr olds?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, nic said:

Did AIM do the video….I assumed project veri-whatever. So how does who did the video change what she said? Are you assuming it’s cut and doctored?

Yes the video was from AIM - I typically just check the source before I read/watch something so I understand any inherent bias by the source.  To be honest after seeing who sponsored this I didn't watch.  That sort of gotcha by a group that is known foundationally for pushing conspiracies and untruths doesn't warrant my time.

7 hours ago, Jickey Moseph said:

Still waiting for the red wave to hit…Bueller? Bueller?

Yeah it appears our resident experts were sort of way off...Just like my locks of the weak. 

And it appears I lost a lot of money. 

I need to remember to not listen to or take advice from posters...who are probably 15 year old kids.  And it is pretty clear that none of us know much.  With me leading that list of morons.