The 2022 Congressional Elections

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

What I meant was keeping the House was preferable to gaining a Senate seat but I was probably stating the obvious. 

My apologies, yes that makes perfect sense. And I agree. Hopefully votes are in the House to easily pass government funding, debt ceiling, and other votes that Republicans originally relied on to turn the chamber into a circus.

9 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

huh. 

This was really my point, @Archy1221 I'm well aware of the nomination process and the confirmation of judges.

My post was trying to communicate that by winning the Senate, Democrats (President and members of the Senate) control the Judiciary process. 

Unless @Archy1221 really believes that McConnell wasn't going to vote for a single judge for the next two years if Republicans won the chamber... it's pretty doubtful any Biden nominee makes it to the floor for a vote in that situation. 

• Plus1 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:01 PM, Jickey Moseph said:

Still waiting on that red wave. Whos the guy who said republicans would hold the senate, house and presidency for the next decade? Hows that working out. Thank you young people! Republicans are done unless they get young people on their side and they wont, which is great for America! 

I think the expectations of a red wave disappeared with the roe v wade overturn. Even though recent polls showed Republicans gaining ground it was too little too late for a wave. It might have been enough to get them 51 in the senate and the house, but the senate will be 50/50 at best. Maybe the Dems even gain a seat to offset Munchin. I suspect the Republicans will hold as slim majority in the house as the Dems had for the past two years, but we will see. That is probably their biggest miss. I think they believed they would have about 228 in the house. It might be more like 222. 

this years senate had a lot of Republicans up for re-election. In 2024 it will be Dems on defense for the Senate. I think that is what Dr. Strange Love was alluding too. 

the good news for the Republicans is that this election weakened Trump and the MAGA movement for 2024.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

MAGA is not totally defeated as long as Gaetz, Bobbert, MTG, Jordan...etc are in control of the House.

Agreed - or they can get marginized on the fringe if enough 'sane' GOPers get elected.   Did Bobbert win - I thought she was about to lose??

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Agreed - or they can get marginized on the fringe if enough 'sane' GOPers get elected.   Did Bobbert win - I thought she was about to lose??

it's still too close to call as far as i know.    latest info i can find says she is up by about 1,000 votes with 99% counted

Just now, commando said:

it's still too close to call as far as i know.    latest info i can find says she is up by about 1,000 votes with 99% counted

knap types faster than i do

Also - Republicans won almost 5% more votes than Democrats did nationwide and STILL lost the Senate and will probably only hold like a 4 or 5 seat advantage in the House.  This is even AFTER gerrymandering districts like Boebert's.

Maybe it's time to stop letting the spoiled, unstable kids drive the car, and put them in the trunk where they were before?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Prepare for MAGA heads to explode all over America.

I actually saw that on Reddit this morning. Not sure what the process is but I doubt it will be enough to rid us of that s#!thead 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1