The 2022 Congressional Elections

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

People who don’t go to college are now considered non-educated? :facepalm:  I known quite a few business owners who ever went to college who are smart enough to employ quite a few folks.   They aren’t all white either.

This is simply a term used to define voters with college educated vs not-college educated; it has nothing to do with "Street smarts", intelligence, or business savvy. That term is common in political science or discussions around voting blocs. 

59 minutes ago, nic said:

Democratic gains in educated voters (educated being bachelors or post grad) is a recent trend. Have the Democrat gains been with the recently indoctrinated, opps I mean educated? ;) charts from Pew Research below. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/26/what-the-2020-electorate-looks-like-by-party-race-and-ethnicity-age-education-and-religion/

Interesting that Republicans only make up 29% of the electorate and independents took the majority…barely. 

This trend is a phenomenon of Trump and the 2016 race. Individuals with college educations tended to be horrified by Trumps rhetoric during his campaign, and rightfully so. Education level is now the strongest prediction of voting behavior.

You calling them indoctrinated is pretty funny, if not indictive of the anti-intellectual trend of the Right we've witnessed over the last 50 years, and put into overdrive under Trump.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is simply a term used to define voters with college educated vs not-college educated; it has nothing to do with "Street smarts", intelligence, or business savvy. That term is common in political science or discussions around voting blocs. 

This trend is a phenomenon of Trump and the 2016 race. Individuals with college educations tended to be horrified by Trumps rhetoric during his campaign, and rightfully so. Education level is now the strongest prediction of voting behavior.

You calling them indoctrinated is pretty funny, if not indictive of the anti-intellectual trend of the Right we've witnessed over the last 50 years, and put into overdrive under Trump.

There is a reason why Republicans continue to constantly attack higher education and even public schools.

• Plus1 4
22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Looks like Republicans spent a ton of money on a race that is only going to last till November. In November, the new district goes into affect with Gonzalez as the clear favorite against her. 

"The DCCC needs to sit down and look at South Texas seriously," Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, told Politico on Thursday. "I don’t think it’s a political realignment, but this should send a message to the DCCC... You can’t take Hispanics for granted, which they always do."

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, nic said:

"The DCCC needs to sit down and look at South Texas seriously," Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, told Politico on Thursday. "I don’t think it’s a political realignment, but this should send a message to the DCCC... You can’t take Hispanics for granted, which they always do."

No, you can’t take them for granted. Nobody should be taken for granted. 

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I was joking with the indoctrination comment. It is the narrative. I have not witnessed it yet with my kids, but I do keep tabs on them and have had discussions about what they brought home from school from time to time. It really depends on the teacher. 

I remember the day after the 2016 election when my wife yelled to me that Trump won. There was a lot apprehension in her tone. She may have even said holy sh--. I told her we had better buckle up. :D

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Because it's easier for Republicans to get votes from people who don't go to college and don't get 'mainstream' educations. Pretty simple.

And, it’s easier to get those votes if they make up this kind of boogie man with those people who didn’t go to college.  

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, it’s easier to get those votes if they make up this kind of boogie man with those people who didn’t go to college.  

This is anecdotal, but my sister is a college professor.  

She has a coworker in her Math/Stats dept that openly spews political thoughts and hangs flyers about LGBTQ issues.  Everyone else makes a point to stay on topic unless asked direct questions at appropriate times.

BTW, the guy “indoctrinating” is far from liberal!

17 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Most of what I see is college educated vs non-college educated as a common poly sci term not educated vs non-educated. 

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, you can’t take them for granted. Nobody should be taken for granted. 

They aren’t being taken for granted, they just don’t like what they see

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Because it's easier for Republicans to get votes from people who don't go to college and don't get 'mainstream' educations. Pretty simple.

Are you saying Republicans somewhat have a platform of not wanting people to get a higher education because then they mostly won’t vote for Republicans come election time??:facepalm:

You mind letting me know what a ‘mainstream’ education is?  One could go to 50 different college or universities and get extremely different educations.  Heck, one could go to the same college or university 20 different times and get 20 totally different educations based on courses selected. 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you saying Republicans somewhat have a platform of not wanting people to get a higher education because then they mostly won’t vote for Republicans come election time??:facepalm:

You mind letting me know what a ‘mainstream’ education is?  One could go to 50 different college or universities and get extremely different educations.  Heck, one could go to the same college or university 20 different times and get 20 totally different educations based on courses selected. 

I specifically know people who think kids get indoctrinated with horrible liberal thoughts when they go off to college. They don’t think that about community college etc.   Its those big mean liberal universities that are ruining America with their brainwashing. 

They didn’t come up with these thoughts themselves. Now, we are starting to see more and more of that with public schools with all the made up total BS grooming and CRT crap that Republicans have completely made up and sold to their followers. 

It’s the same BS they do with mainstream media.  Oh….don’t listen to them.  They are liberals just trying to brainwash you. 

rinse and repeat. 

• Plus1 2