The 2022 Congressional Elections

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, that graph is referring to the unvaccinated. Who did they vote for? Which party ran a campaign of vaccine distrust?

You play the clueless game far to often.

You specifically said   Cheetos handling of Covid Then referred to the linked graph.   The data you are referring to constitutes Biden’s time in office.  Don’t get mad at because of your self own.  Prob best to know your data before posting it

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Yeah, Republicans like you are never going to vote any other way. You'll twist anything to rationalize your vote for the party. When they say "nobody gives a s#!t" they're referring to voters like you who'd rather vote to tear down the 250 year old American experiment of Liberal Democracy rather than let a Democrat win. 

Honest question. How many Ds do you think would vote for a moderate Republican like John Kasich or Larry Hogan or Mitt Romney?  Let's say the D candidate was someone with questionable motives/morals or allegations of insider trading, or being out of touch with the "real" Democratic Party...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You specifically said   Cheetos handling of Covid Then referred to the linked graph.   The data you are referring to constitutes Biden’s time in office.  Don’t get mad at because of your self own.  Prob best to know your data before posting it

Biden can't force the hordes of brainwashed Trumpers to get vaccinated, despite making them free. I mean, the next crazy idiot leader of your party is currently not ordering vaccines for children.

Nice try going for the ignorance play though. It's your go to move when confronted with reality. Maybe layoff the hydroquinone or stop injecting bleach, might help you drum up better responses.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Biden can't force the hordes of brainwashed Trumpers to get vaccinated, despite making them free. I mean, the next crazy idiot leader of your party is currently not ordering vaccines for children.

Unlike you, I don’t blame someone else for not getting a vaccine besides the person not getting the vaccine.   Let me know when Trump discouraged any adults from getting the vaccine.     I’ll wait…….

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Honest question. How many Ds do you think would vote for a moderate Republican like John Kasich or Larry Hogan or Mitt Romney?  Let's say the D candidate was someone with questionable motives/morals or allegations of insider trading, or being out of touch with the "real" Democratic Party...

Difficult to say. With ideological sorting, my best guess is that moderate candidates like the ones you mentioned would do better with college educated whites, especially men, and worse with the black coalitions of the Democrats. The net gain may not be much, but maybe a few percent? 

In a hypothetical where the Democratic Party were the ones destroying American Democracy motivated by conspiracy, I'd guess the college educated portions would not tolerate it. It's why individuals with Bachelors Degrees overwhelmingly vote for Democrats in the first place.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

We already know the answer to that…..they branded Romney a racist and sexist and cult member based on his church affiliation. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Difficult to say. With ideological sorting, my best guess is that moderate candidates like the ones you mentioned would do better with college educated whites, especially men, and worse with the black coalitions of the Democrats. The net gain may not be much, but maybe a few percent? 

In a hypothetical where the Democratic Party were the ones destroying American Democracy motivated by conspiracy, I'd guess the college educated portions would not tolerate it. It's why individuals with Bachelors Degrees overwhelmingly vote for Democrats in the first place.

Thanks for your view. I think given the current hyper-partisanship it is likely that neither party would budge.

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Unlike you, I don’t blame someone else for not getting a vaccine besides the person not getting the vaccine.   Let me know when Trump discouraged any adults from getting the vaccine.     I’ll wait…….

Ha, can't help but notice you had to clarify "adults" because he sowed distrust for vaccines in children. Which makes sense, Republicans don't care if they get mowed down by assault rifles, why protect them from infectious disease?

Vaccine disinformation is why counties that vote for Trump has the highest death rates. Its why Trumpy hopefuls like DeSantis held a press conference full of vaccine disinformation.  

Instead of blaming just Trump, I'm better served to blame the entire Conservative media arm for killing hundreds of thousands of Americans. Wow, you really got me with that one! 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks for your view. I think given the current hyper-partisanship it is likely that neither party would budge.

I agree, it's at the margins. The coalition of Democrats is easily fractured, so I can see small portions - mostly college educated White men - breaking rank. Not many others though. 

But don't be mistaken: we don't have to ask ourselves what Democrats would hypothetically do if huge swaths of their base wanted to overturn an election because it would never happen.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Its why Trumpy hopefuls like DeSantis held a press conference full of vaccine disinformation.  

“The governor has never said the vaccine changes your RNA, and nobody who has seen his 50+ public appearances promoting vaccination throughout Florida this year would think that is the governor’s position,” Pushaw wrote in an email. “The speaker whose remarks included that comment was at the press conference in his capacity as a member of a lawsuit against the city government’s extreme overreach.”

9 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Ha, can't help but notice you had to clarify "adults" because he sowed distrust for vaccines in children. Which makes sense, Republicans don't care if they get mowed down by assault rifles, why protect them from infectious disease?

Check the data on the benefits of a healthy child.   I haven’t gotten my two under 18 vaccinated either.  Not much benefit at all to it.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nice try going for the ignorance play though. It's your go to move when confronted with reality. Maybe layoff the hydroquinone or stop injecting bleach, might help you drum up better responses.

I am not concerned about the vax for kids. It’s very low on the totem pole.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

“The governor has never said the vaccine changes your RNA, and nobody who has seen his 50+ public appearances promoting vaccination throughout Florida this year would think that is the governor’s position,” Pushaw wrote in an email. “The speaker whose remarks included that comment was at the press conference in his capacity as a member of a lawsuit against the city government’s extreme overreach.”

Check the data on the benefits of a healthy child.   I haven’t gotten my two under 18 vaccinated either.  Not much benefit at all to it.  

That link never claimed he did. What he did do was hold a press conference with city employees who made those statements and he stood there and didn't correct them, knowing it's false and knowing it's causing unnecessary harm.

2 minutes ago, nic said:

I am not concerned about the vax for kids. It’s very low on the totem pole.

It's not as important as other groups, but still necessary to curb the spread to older people as much as possible. A sitting governor making a specific announcement that he's not going to order them to even make them an option is idiotic, dangerous, and further plays into the distrust that is a mainstay of the GOP base.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's not as important as other groups, but still necessary to curb the spread to older people as much as possible.

It’s not necessary for that .  Spread already commonly happens amongst the vaccinated and spread will continue to happen unless Covid just naturally burns out or our bodies naturally adjust.  It’s endemic at the point.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I keep hearing this. Democrats have messaging problem.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/09/us/politics/democrats-schools-voters.html

Then I hear on this board how they have superior solutions to real problems. Maybe it’s that the problems they have real solutions to are not at the forefront of most voters top priorities. Transgenders in womens sports is not high on the list of independents. I actually agree with Hillary that it’s not a hill to die on in 2022 or 24. Maybe pick the right battles.

Also, if you have a great product (policy) you are trying to sell it to a customer (voters), disparaging or shaming the customer is not the way to go. Telling certain voters they are not educated or in denial, or racist and they just don’t realize it, is not going to sell a product. 

If you want to tell that to 29% of the electorate (Republicans) you can still win, but don’t let the independents hear you. They might think it’s directed at them depending on their opinion. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, nic said:

Maybe it’s that the problems they have real solutions to are not at the forefront of most voters top priorities. Transgenders in womens sports is not high on the list of independents.

How high do you think this issue is for Democrat politicians?