The 2022 Congressional Elections

22 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.  It didn’t matter then so why does it matter now.  That’s the point. 

It matters that the voters know. I don't really care about carpet baggers. But it might matter to some.

Regardless there are far more reasons Walker is unqualified.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I literally called Hillary a carpetbagger when she ran for Senate in New York. That was transparent as f#&%.

And yet that's where they live.  What am I missing (serious question - don't know if there was a post somewhere that I overlooked).

9 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

And yet that's where they live.  What am I missing (serious question - don't know if there was a post somewhere that I overlooked).

She had never lived in New York prior to running for Senate. She was still First Lady when she began her campaign. Her first ever home in New York was bought in 1999 for the express purpose of establishing residency, but even then she didn't live there - she ran for and won the Senate seat, and lived in D.C. during her two terms as Senator.

Prior to that she lived in Arkansas, and when Bill became President in 1992 she lived in D.C. for eight years.

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She had never lived in New York prior to running for Senate. She was still First Lady when she began her campaign. Her first ever home in New York was bought in 1999 for the express purpose of establishing residency, but even then she didn't live there - she ran for and won the Senate seat, and lived in D.C. during her two terms as Senator.

Prior to that she lived in Arkansas, and when Bill became President in 1992 she lived in D.C. for eight years.

Yes and Bill lived in the NY house while she was working in DC and he established his presidential office in NYC.  She lived in that NY house when she didn't have to be at work in DC.  Her daughter moved to NYC for grad school so obviously there was a plan to be in NY after the WH.  I guess I don't find fault with a president from AR who after 8 years outside the state doing big things determines that perhaps AR isn't the right fit for his/his family's future.  I'm not sure I buy into the fact that they purchased a home in NY to just establish residency for her senate run.  If that was the case they would have left that state years ago when she finished that role don't you think?