Jon Kelley ('84-'87)

Nexus

Any early 80's Lincoln Southeast High alums on this board remember this guy?  

I'm channel surfing now (4:40-ish AM) while eating breakfast and I'm currently watching a gameshow on CW network Funny You Should Ask.  Jon Kelley is the host.

I'd seen him in various small segments on TV here and there over the years but was curious where I'd seen him and went to his IMDB page.  In his Bio it said he played football @ Nebraska on a full ride scholarship.  So I did a roster search on Huskers.com to see what his Huskers Bio might say, but it's blank.   He was an I-Back and came in with Keith Jones in 1984.  Not to mention the I-Back room at that time already featured Doug Dubose and Jeff Smith.  My memory isn't what it used to be but I don't remember Jon Kelley.   But I do remember K. Jones, Dubose and Smith during those years obviously.  Just curious if anyone here remembers when Jon Kelley played @ Nebraska?   

Per his IMDB bio he was raised by a single mother (Peggy Kelley) whom worked at the Lincoln Journal Star for 25 years.  He was also a free agent with the Denver Broncos in 1988.  As a journalist in Chicago, he covered all six Chicago Bulls championship teams in the 90s.

He graduated with a Broadcast Journalism degree from UNL.  Beautiful wife and kids too.  Looks like life has been good to him.  Kudos to Jon!

Here's a short clip of Jon Kelley wearing a Nebraska shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTOxqi2fB8

Various Jon Kelley youtube clips:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jon+kelley

• Plus1 2

If he was an I-back with Keith Jones in 1984 he must be in his upper 50s.  Wow!  He looks to be in pretty good shape for that age.  

I imagine our I-back room was just as deep in 1984 as it was back in the mid 90s.  Back then we had third and fourth string guys who would have started on a lot of Div. 1 teams.  Those were good days for football.  *sigh*

• Plus1 1