2021 Spring Notes - Offensive Line

Jurgens (and Sichterman if he wins a job) are the only starters who would be upperclassmen without the free year. Under normal circumstances it would be rFr./So./Jr./Sr./So. which is still very young. And even younger if Banks (So.) wins the RG job. Calling them freshman makes it look crazier, but it's pretty unique regardless of whether you look at their time in the program or eligibility remaining for their grades.

• Plus1 3

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Jurgens (and Sichterman if he wins a job) are the only starters who would be upperclassmen without the free year. Under normal circumstances it would be rFr./So./Jr./Sr./So. which is still very young. And even younger if Banks (So.) wins the RG job. Calling them freshman makes it look crazier, but it's pretty unique regardless of whether you look at their time in the program or eligibility remaining for their grades.

If our line is improved as well are all suspecting it will be I am going to be really excited for the future. This line in 2 years could be something very special and allow our underclassmen skill players the opportunity to truly shine with elite play in the trenches. 

• Plus1 7

After rewatching the spring game, just don't see the development Frost is high on. Saw too many times that our second team front seven got pressure, and believe they would have got multiple sacks on Martinez had it been a game. Granted I go think even our second team front seven is legit.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:39 PM, SECHusker said:

After rewatching the spring game, just don't see the development Frost is high on. Saw too many times that our second team front seven got pressure, and believe they would have got multiple sacks on Martinez had it been a game. Granted I go think even our second team front seven is legit.

I saw this too, but I also wondered if they would have had to tackle our RBs if that would have slowed down the pass rush since they wouldn't have been able to just pin their ears back like they did. It's pretty easy to not have to worry about the RBs when all you have to do is touch them. The red team would have scored a few more with Martinez in if they would have been playing tackle football

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I saw this too, but I also wondered if they would have had to tackle our RBs if that would have slowed down the pass rush since they wouldn't have been able to just pin their ears back like they did. It's pretty easy to not have to worry about the RBs when all you have to do is touch them. The red team would have scored a few more with Martinez in if they would have been playing tackle football

and Toure might have been killed on his long catch.  The db had to stop as to not hit him.  I think the o and d line were business as usual  and its spring.  the second team guys were probably giving the 1st team O line all they had since they are playing for a spot or chance to move up the depth chart.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

and Toure might have been killed on his long catch.  The db had to stop as to not hit him.  I think the o and d line were business as usual  and its spring.  the second team guys were probably giving the 1st team O line all they had since they are playing for a spot or chance to move up the depth chart.  

Toure would be dead, and Gates would be suspended for life for targeting...

That one would have definitely hurt a bit!

3 hours ago, TheBugeater said:

Anyone hear anything about early enrollee Branson Yager this spring? Im hearing rumblings he might not be long for Lincoln.

I was going to bring that up but didn't.  He wasn't on the either roster for the spring game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Husker DL coach Tony Tuioti receives raise in newly signed contract extension. Tuioti is the only member of the staff to receive a raise this offseason, though outside linebackers coach Mike Dawson's salary jumped substantially in March as part of his previously agreed-to contract when he returned to Nebraska following a year with the New York Giants. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/husker-dl-coach-tony-tuioti-receives-raise-in-newly-signed-contract-extension/article_4677d47f-69f9-5611-9b45-8326d2a3220e.html?

• Plus1 2