2021 Spring Notes - Offensive Line

They may have more depth but I don’t think they have truly put it together. Way too many stupid penalties & whiffs. I mean hell Farniok was a starter last year. Benhart needs to improve a lot. Jurgens had snap issues even at the start of last year. Piper while young had too many penalties. Tuner could be a stud. No idea what the hell goes on at that RG spot. A lot of potential on the OL but potential just means you haven’t done s#!t yet. 

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

They may have more depth but I don’t think they have truly put it together. Way too many stupid penalties & whiffs. I mean hell Farniok was a starter last year. Benhart needs to improve a lot. Jurgens had snap issues even at the start of last year. Piper while young had too many penalties. Tuner could be a stud. No idea what the hell goes on at that RG spot. A lot of potential on the OL but potential just means you haven’t done s#!t yet. 

Or, potential just means the fans haven't seen it yet.

If we truly have 9 guys that can play, hopefully if one player continually has penalty problems or is continually getting beat, someone else steps in.

36 minutes ago, Decked said:

Penalties are the biggest issue I have with the OL. They have routinely ended promising drive that could've given our fragile offense confidence.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

From the sound of things, the main reason the defense won the scrimmage the other day is because the o-line was getting whipped by the defensive front seven. Supposedly Austin was pissed at anyone not named Jurgens or Corcoran.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Corcoran Freshman

Piper RdFreshman

Jurgens Sophomore

Benhart Rd Freshman

I think this O line is going to be much better this year.  But, this group has the talent to be REALLY good as they become upper classmen.    If Sichterman wins the RG spot, he'll have another year yet too.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Corcoran Freshman

Piper RdFreshman

Jurgens Sophomore

Benhart Rd Freshman

I think this O line is going to be much better this year.  But, this group has the talent to be REALLY good as they become upper classmen.    If Sichterman wins the RG spot, he'll have another year yet too.

Does this include last years "free year?" Or are these true grades? 

• Plus1 1