OT Jake Maikkula [Stanford - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

19 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Maikkula commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Colorado OL Jake Maikkula enjoys official visit to Nebraska, eyes decision in coming weeks | Recruiting | journalstar.com

"Maikkula hasn't played center before and hasn't snapped the ball before, but NU offensive line coach Greg Austin told Maikkula that they can teach him that if he eventually ended up at center."

Austin has a proven 2-year plan for teaching kids to snap the ball.  

I lol'd. To be fair though, Jurgens was learning how to play OL while learning to snap. It is a lot easier to teach a lineman to snap than it is to teach a TE to both snap and play OL. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I lol'd. To be fair though, Jurgens was learning how to play OL while learning to snap. It is a lot easier to teach a lineman to snap than it is to teach a TE to both snap and play OL. 

And, he has greatly improved from when he started. 

People don’t like to recognize that though. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, he has greatly improved from when he started. 

People don’t like to recognize that though. 

This is true. Cam just should’ve never been forced into that spot to begin with. That’s how bad the talent/depth was at the time. 

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

This is true. Cam just should’ve never been forced into that spot to begin with. That’s how bad the talent/depth was at the time. 

I have no problem with him moving to center.  He just should have had a couple years in the system before he was asked to start.  Fan's opinions of his snaps would be totally different if that would have happened.

This guy would have that.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I have no problem with him moving to center.  He just should have had a couple years in the system before he was asked to start.  Fan's opinions of his snaps would be totally different if that would have happened.

This guy would have that.

That’s exactly what I meant to say. 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jason Sitoke said:

Colorado OL Jake Maikkula enjoys official visit to Nebraska, eyes decision in coming weeks | Recruiting | journalstar.com

"Maikkula hasn't played center before and hasn't snapped the ball before, but NU offensive line coach Greg Austin told Maikkula that they can teach him that if he eventually ended up at center."

Austin has a proven 2-year plan for teaching kids to snap the ball.  

5442D5F1-F05A-43A4-AFAB-CD082039D4F2.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jake Maikkula [Stanford - Signed LOI]