Through Our Eyes

On 4/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, lo country said:

"The praise, the blame its all the same".  I like it. Shut out the noise and ball.

"I think Nebraska has some of the best best if not thee best fans in college football"

Dude seems like a good kid. Head on straight. I truly hope this year he shines.

@Mavric Thanks for posting.  Good stuff to get the players view.

Isn't that a Frost quote? Or at least I know I've heard Frost utter it. Its always a good thing when your leaders/players are using the same quotes as the coaches. 

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm not saying every player or position, but the DB's finally have some senior leadership that gets "it".  Once the team starts holding one another to a higher level and set expectations, things change.  IMO, this D has the potential to be very good.  An edge rusher away from me being very confident.  

I like the "inside look".  Appreciate the posts.

• Plus1 2

TBH, Larry Assante was good for a penalty a game, but I feel confident that guys were terrified to go across the middle or anywhere that he could lay the wood.  Of course now it's an ejection and suspension for the penalty, but if they could cleanly lay the wood like he did (minus the penalty) they could be a scary tandem back there.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, lo country said:

TBH, Larry Assante was good for a penalty a game, but I feel confident that guys were terrified to go across the middle or anywhere that he could lay the wood.  Of course now it's an ejection and suspension for the penalty, but if they could cleanly lay the wood like he did (minus the penalty) they could be a scary tandem back there.

Yes, it is a good thing we have some depth at safety with Farmer/NPG/Gifford pushing for playing time. I don't think its a matter of 'if' Dismuke or Williams get ejected for targeting but 'when'. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Yes, it is a good thing we have some depth at safety with Farmer/NPG/Gifford pushing for playing time. I don't think its a matter of 'if' Dismuke or Williams get ejected for targeting but 'when'. 

Or hurt unfortunately. Their violent disregard for their own health catches up to them periodically too. Hopefully they stay healthy, and hit people in the sternum all season.

• Plus1 1