Through Our Eyes

Enjoyed this video very much.  Agreed that these are nicely done.

I didn't realize he was so good.  From the sound of it ... this guy is a 1st round draft pick.  Is there any gage on this yet?  It would be a nice boon to the program to get a high profile kid to be drafted in the first round.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I didn't realize he was so good.  From the sound of it ... this guy is a 1st round draft pick.  Is there any gage on this yet?  It would be a nice boon to the program to get a high profile kid to be drafted in the first round.

At this point the mock drafts are terrible, and the analysts haven't done a lot of work on the prospects for next year. But I thought the advisory board gave him a pretty favorable grade, and he'll have the opportunity to climb as well. I don't think they do a specific round grade, just like a drafted high, very likely drafted, or likely undrafted kind of thing. 

Personally I expect him to go in the top half of the draft, but I don't have a great sense of exactly how high. A lot of that depends on how fast he actually is, and a lot more depends on physical traits I can't judge. He's never seemed like a burner which limits his shot at the first round, but as long as he's fast enough I think he's our earliest pick next year. Unless somebody knows how to translate 694 points in the performance index for 198 lbs to get his 40 time we probably won't know until the combine.

Our first 1st rounder in however long is more likely to be Corcoran or (if the switch really flipped) Manning - not that it's ever "likely" for guys with their experience level to be 1st rounders.

12 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

At this point the mock drafts are terrible, and the analysts haven't done a lot of work on the prospects for next year. But I thought the advisory board gave him a pretty favorable grade, and he'll have the opportunity to climb as well. I don't think they do a specific round grade, just like a drafted high, very likely drafted, or likely undrafted kind of thing. 

Personally I expect him to go in the top half of the draft, but I don't have a great sense of exactly how high. A lot of that depends on how fast he actually is, and a lot more depends on physical traits I can't judge. He's never seemed like a burner which limits his shot at the first round, but as long as he's fast enough I think he's our earliest pick next year. Unless somebody knows how to translate 694 points in the performance index for 198 lbs to get his 40 time we probably won't know until the combine.

Our first 1st rounder in however long is more likely to be Corcoran or (if the switch really flipped) Manning - not that it's ever "likely" for guys with their experience level to be 1st rounders.

I was told 2AM would be the 1st pick next year. So, I would expect CTB to be #2

So I guess it’s being said that Ervin has a real possibility of being the number one back. That would really speak to his ability but would probably clear out half our crowded running back room. Not to mention Yant. He’s may not be a feature back but I think he’ll have his role. *This was suppose to be in the running back room thread.

15 hours ago, BigRedN said:

there are two games on the schedule that could get him drafted in the 1st round if he balls out.  But my guess would be 2nd or 3rd round depending on his combine and how the draft class is at corner

4 hours ago, Farms said:

So I guess it’s being said that Ervin has a real possibility of being the number one back. That would really speak to his ability but would probably clear out half our crowded running back room. Not to mention Yant. He’s may not be a feature back but I think he’ll have his role. *This was suppose to be in the running back room thread.

It would have been interesting what it would have looked like with Breece Hall in place, along with any additional W's.  Breece and Yant would be a nice 1-2 combo/pair of backs in the B1G.  :-)  I like Ervin as well.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:10 PM, talaricohusker said:

Goose bumps!! Man our media team has out done themselves agin just wow 

I fully realize that this sounds critical ... but what a novel idea it would be for the football team to give us "goose bumps" and "out do themselves" once.  :-)   I still feel like I bought in to a Ponzi scheme.

This video made me think that Britt was a 1st round draft pick.  I really hope so.  With his many years in our program [which I think is awesome], I wonder where he would fit on the depth chart of OSU?  Would he be starting?  I really don't know.  It sounds like if he isn't making an impact of the field this year he is certainly building into our younger guys what it took for him to become a starter.  Until we break out of 4-8 seasons, I can't really get my head around our "development" of any player ... especially with each last session, practice or game showing "improvement".  I don't know what "improvement" means anymore.  It just feels like a "BS" type of word to me.

My sons are now 28, 26 and 22, in their excommunication of me after the divorce four years ago, they and their Mom's parents [ex-wife's Dad is an Iowa St. fan], can't help but mock me amidst anything :bigredn:.  If I talk about recruiting I'm an even bigger joke ... because we bring in Top 20-25 classes every year.  I dreamed of my sons and I watching :bigredn: ... instead ... have found their "winners" and teams.  As it has turned out, it's Clemson, Wisky and Appalachian State [this one is because one chose to go to that school].  

Anyways, this is what comes to my mind with "Through Our Eyes" ... as their is no gathering around Thanksgiving to watch the Big Red [that game is a joke to them and not worth the time].  :-(

26 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I fully realize that this sounds critical ... but what a novel idea it would be for the football team to give us "goose bumps" and "out do themselves" once.  :-)   I still feel like I bought in to a Ponzi scheme.

This video made me think that Britt was a 1st round draft pick.  I really hope so.  With his many years in our program [which I think is awesome], I wonder where he would fit on the depth chart of OSU?  Would he be starting?  I really don't know.  It sounds like if he isn't making an impact of the field this year he is certainly building into our younger guys what it took for him to become a starter.  Until we break out of 4-8 seasons, I can't really get my head around our "development" of any player ... especially with each last session, practice or game showing "improvement".  I don't know what "improvement" means anymore.  It just feels like a "BS" type of word to me.

To be fair on this point, it's us fans talking about where he could get drafted. The video isn't calling him a first round pick, and plenty of incredible college players don't get picked high. I don't think it's a stretch to call him one of the best in the conference - one of the best in the country is bold, but as they said he'll get a chance to prove it.

And he would be playing at OSU.Their secondary really struggled last year, they allowed the 7th most passing yards and had the 17th worst completion percentage allowed. They've got elite athletes as always, but I have no doubt he'd be at least the 3rd corner and probably a starter there. I also have no doubt he is the only guy on our team that would be a starter (or even a rotational guy) there. That needs to change.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

My sons are now 28, 26 and 22, in their excommunication of me after the divorce four years ago, they and their Mom's parents [ex-wife's Dad is an Iowa St. fan], can't help but mock me amidst anything :bigredn:.  If I talk about recruiting I'm an even bigger joke ... because we bring in Top 20-25 classes every year.  I dreamed of my sons and I watching :bigredn: ... instead ... have found their "winners" and teams.  As it has turned out, it's Clemson, Wisky and Appalachian State [this one is because one chose to go to that school].  

Anyways, this is what comes to my mind with "Through Our Eyes" ... as their is no gathering around Thanksgiving to watch the Big Red [that game is a joke to them and not worth the time].  :-(

I guess either Nebraska has to get better, or you may have to stop talking to your ex-in-laws.