2021 C Oleg Kojenets [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

• Mavric pinned this topic

• seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 C Oleg Kojenets [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, when Fred was hired, I remember lots of discussions about how his offense doesn't need or necessarily want a big guy filling up the lane. Is he readjusting his vision now that he's in the Big Ten?

I believe it was more he want's the right big that is athletic.  Not getting a big just to have one.  Needs to be able to do a little bit of everything, which it sounds like Kojnets can do.  

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, when Fred was hired, I remember lots of discussions about how his offense doesn't need or necessarily want a big guy filling up the lane. Is he readjusting his vision now that he's in the Big Ten?

14 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I believe it was more he want's the right big that is athletic.  Not getting a big just to have one.  Needs to be able to do a little bit of everything, which it sounds like Kojnets can do.  

I think this is pretty much it- ideally we’d play 4 traditional “guards” and “forwards” with 1 “big” that can do multiple things like Andre. Stretch the floor, pass, handle the ball away from the basket as needed but also rebound and guard traditional bigs in the paint. It’s a really difficult skill set to find (especially at the collegiate level) but if you get guys that can do it they’re nearly impossible to guard. Andre will be an all-B1G guy before he leaves if he stays four years- he’s got that much potential and talent amongst his skill set. 

• Plus1 3

Scouting report (just some blogger, take it FWIW): https://kuzeykl-41267.medium.com/oleg-kojenets-scouting-report-f83937d9de6c

Best things: Post-up offense, defensive versatility

Biggest question mark: Shooting

NBA Ceiling: After three years as a late rotation player, Europe.

European Ceiling: Main rotation player

Comparison: Ante Zizic

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

He’s a stretch 4 that can play 5 if we go small or in a pinch 

I think the might view Wilheim as more of a Lat type. Probably not someone who can play a ton at the 4 until they put muscle on.

I dont know if it will be quite as lean as Lat but he will need to muscle up a bit to even be a consistent 4 in B1G play. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic