NU adds Nate Loenser as assistant coach, Doc Sadler to fill Bobby Lutz’s off court role

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm a little disappointed that Doc is taking an "off court" role.  His defense was one area that I thought was pretty good this year.

My guess is they think Nate is a better recruiter and better in-game coach.

Curious how long term Doc will be here for or if this is sort of a pre-retirement deal.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm a little disappointed that Doc is taking an "off court" role.  His defense was one area that I thought was pretty good this year.

Especially perplexing as his brief bio suggests his expertise is geared towards offense..........which ostensibly is HCFH's domain...........??

• Plus1 1

Doc can still game plan the defensive schemes and help the staff in that regard while handing the reins over to Loenser for the day to day player development and recruiting that is required from the on court assistant role. I think this works out for all parties involved. My guess is NU will need to replace Doc’s role within 3 years.

Also very interesting/telling that Lutz and Sadler didn’t just “switch” spots. Lutz left to pursue full time assistant roles IIRC.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hasn't he been our defensive coach?

I must not have been too articulate..........I was referring not to Doc, but Loenser

HIS bio suggests work on  mainly the offensive end.................

And YES, Doc has been the defensive guru.......

• Thanks 1