2021 Spring Notes - Running Back

i though strength and conditioning was supposed to fortify our guys to less injuries?  seems hopeless we have so many guys who can't get through a whole game or practice without getting hurt. everyone ends "nicked up" and then they are out for half the season or more. are we recruiting the wrong body types?  at least it appears so.

and look at Stepp, he gets off the plane in Lincoln and is immediately pronounced injured!  and we didn't know that?  he didn't know that?  right. we are desperate.

1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

i though strength and conditioning was supposed to fortify our guys to less injuries?  seems hopeless we have so many guys who can't get through a whole game or practice without getting hurt. everyone ends "nicked up" and then they are out for half the season or more. are we recruiting the wrong body types?  at least it appears so.

and look at Stepp, he gets off the plane in Lincoln and is immediately pronounced injured!  and we didn't know that?  he didn't know that?  right. we are desperate.

From what I have heard on Stepp is that the USC medical staff misdiagnosed his injury for two years.  Nebraska got to the bottom on the issue.  Will be good to go by fall from what I understand.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

Really? All the practice stuff we've seen has Scott getting a large share of the carries with the 1s. 

Just my personal prediction. His HS film really impressed me. I think he does everything Frost wants out of his RB. All the talk about his maturity and his mental game make me think he will have things figured out by September where he could pass some guys older than him. 

3 hours ago, hunter49 said:

See I feel the same way, How in the wide wide world of sports does the USC and Nebraska staff, not catch what it is he is injured with.  Misdiagnosed ? That seems like a reach considering the univerristies usually have top of the line staff and equipment to prevent a misdiagnosis. But here we are all the same. I don't expect to see Stepp ever carry the ball but thats just me.

Also you know what would jazz up this board? Is if we could get pop up adds every 2-3 seconds..................

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just my personal prediction. His HS film really impressed me. I think he does everything Frost wants out of his RB. All the talk about his maturity and his mental game make me think he will have things figured out by September where he could pass some guys older than him. 

I could see him passing Johnson for sure because Johnson has had a lot of opportunity to do something and I think would have popped by now if he were going to. But Scott and Sevion both have pretty impressive hs film in their own right and as freshman during the COVID year probably weren't put in a great position to be immediately successful. I think the jury should still be out on them and practice footage has at least shown them getting reps with the top unit, which seems promising. I don't see Ervin redshirting though, either.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

See I feel the same way, How in the wide wide world of sports does the USC and Nebraska staff, not catch what it is he is injured with.  Misdiagnosed ? That seems like a reach considering the univerristies usually have top of the line staff and equipment to prevent a misdiagnosis. But here we are all the same. I don't expect to see Stepp ever carry the ball but thats just me.

Also you know what would jazz up this board? Is if we could get pop up adds every 2-3 seconds..................

USC's staff misdiagnosed it.  Ours didn't.

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I could see him passing Johnson for sure because Johnson has had a lot of opportunity to do something and I think would have popped by now if he were going to. But Scott and Sevion both have pretty impressive hs film in their own right and as freshman during the COVID year probably weren't put in a great position to be immediately successful. I think the jury should still be out on them and practice footage has at least shown them getting reps with the top unit, which seems promising. I don't see Ervin redshirting though, either.

Trust me, I've fallen in love with film before and been completely wrong. What I like about Ervin is, he's not just bigger, stronger, faster than everyone - with those dudes the speed and size of big boy football evens the playing field when they reach Power 5 level. It's his vision and balance that I loved. Vision, balance and hands separate you in college and get you paid in the NFL. Now watch me be 100% wrong about him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

i was just watching some old YouTube games of Taylor Martin-ez.  Man that kid was electric. I watched the N v Okie Lite from 2010, he was outstanding. He had lightning bolts in his feet. And actually threw some damn nice passes, 5 td I believe it was. 

Helu and Burkhead in the backfield? They were avg like +300yds on the ground. 4th in the nation in 2010 rushing, according to that game. 

I honestly  think Frost would love +275yds on the ground. Mix in the passes for another +200 when it’s really appropriate and timely. I think he’s on his way with the OL being 6’5” n 310+ across the board for B1G play. 

pelini had the horses, he had the games, he had his shot. His teams didn’t lack for fire or fight. He just lost some really really bad games. On national TV and he turned into a tv moment being a d!(k. But he fielded some tough a$$ teams. 

I think Frost has a couple horses, some learned experience, a good/great D, and a team that is finally his. If they can dial it in and just be themselves I think we could some good stuff 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, I am I said:

pelini had the horses, he had the games, he had his shot. His teams didn’t lack for fire or fight. He just lost some really really bad games. On national TV and he turned into a tv moment being a d!(k. But he fielded some tough a$$ teams.

I've said it before: good teams that couldn't get out of their own damn way, led by a good coach who couldn't get out of his own damn way.

• Plus1 2