2021 Spring Notes - Linebackers

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't read it because it's premium.  But, the quote the tweet sure sounds promising. 

I’m guessing the quote is from Nick Heinrich’s presser a couple days ago which is on YouTube.    He essentially said that same thing.  But, yes I agree. Chris Kolarevic does look promising. 

14 minutes ago, 307husker said:

When a supposed blue blood program is shocked by the "freak of nature" athlete that came out of the University of Northern Iowa, I think there are valid reasons to be concerned about said program.  

So many things wrong with this post but .... nevermind...

• Plus1 5
17 hours ago, 307husker said:

When a supposed blue blood program is shocked by the "freak of nature" athlete that came out of the University of Northern Iowa, I think there are valid reasons to be concerned about said program.  

David Johnson

Trey Lance 

Carson Wentz 

just a few guys that came out of college at an FCS school who are playing football professionally 

1 hour ago, 307husker said:

Would their athleticism have shocked an Ohio State staff or players? Also, which round was Kolarevic drafted into the NFL?

gonna have to say, you're getting a little too worried over something a 20 yr old said. then again, college aged individuals are never hyperbolic.

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

giphy.gif

Don't cry big fella.  Maybe with a couple more "freak of nature" FCS athletes, maybe we can finally get back to .500 which is the pinnacle of all blue blood programs.

We do seem to be the kings of pre-season/spring hype these days followed by disappointing results, and losing seasons, each fall.  It would be nice to see the actions do the talking again.  

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, 307husker said:

Don't cry big fella.  Maybe with a couple more "freak of nature" FCS athletes, maybe we can finally get back to .500 which is the pinnacle of all blue blood programs.

We do seem to be the kings of pre-season/spring hype these days followed by disappointing results, and losing seasons, each fall.  It would be nice to see the actions do the talking again.  

There are no actions they can take at the moment that will satisfy anyone, so complaining about what's said is kinda pointless. Being upset about "best practice ever" and "we're turning a corner" comments in season when the games aren't showing that is legitimate. Criticizing spring talk because there aren't actions backing it up.. meh.

• Plus1 5
10 hours ago, Decked said:

Yes Nebraska is having so many problems at

*checks notes*

a guy competing for the backup inside linebacker spot

But he is a “freak of nature”

Those just don’t grow on trees so he won’t be a backup.

10 hours ago, Decked said:

Yes Nebraska is having so many problems at

*checks notes*

a guy competing for the backup inside linebacker spot

From the sound of things, Kolarevic probably ain't gonna be a backup...

• Plus1 2