Biden and the Courts

SC Court restructuring   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

There's nothing in the Constitution dictating the number of Supreme Court justices. 

And then when a Republican gets the White House back we'll add more to make it lean their way.  Eventually we will have 30 of the lifetime payroll spots, wonderful!

• Plus1 3

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the Democrats had stolen two seats from the republicans I'd have the same opinion. 

You can actually only complain about one seat being “stolen”. Not two.  If you are for Garland being seated than you need to be for Barrett being seated also 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, deedsker said:

Dang! I am not even original in my thoughts...a movie based on a book that has existed for almost 30 years. Lame.

Oh well,  they say there is nothing new under the sun.  But perhaps that original thought will hit you about 2 am while you are trying to sleep.  Make sure you write it down.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Oh well,  they say there is nothing new under the sun.  But perhaps that original thought will hit you about 2 am while you are trying to sleep.  Make sure you write it down.

I am going to just start writing a book every day based on my dreams and make a killing. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let's rest blame where it belongs. Merrick Garland was salvo one, Amy Coney Barrett was salvo two. 

Expanding the court is the only reasonable response to that. This country cannot continue to be influenced by minority rule like this. 

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the Democrats had stolen two seats from the republicans I'd have the same opinion. 

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't give a damn about the Democrats. I care about what's right. McConnell orchestrated a hijacking of the Supreme Court, and that should be corrected. 

For what, for the President fulfilling his duty to fill Supreme Court seats?

You act as if this hasn't happened numerous times throughout the history of our country.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'm not a fan of it either, but majority rule has to win out. That's the basis of a democracy.

The United States is not a democracy, so can we quit mis-using that term?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

And then when a Republican gets the White House back we'll add more to make it lean their way.  Eventually we will have 30 of the lifetime payroll spots, wonderful!

The Dems are trying to make sure that will never, ever happen.

This is a totalitarian power play by the radicals that run that party.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

The Dems are trying to make sure that will never, ever happen.

And the Republicans are trying to make sure the Dems never get to the White House again, too.

It's just that one side is trying to do it while keeping something resembling a moral compass.